• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is cimex working properly?
I was wondering if my cimex was working properly. When I first squeeze the lever the solution don't come out right away. I have to wait about 5-10 seconds before the solution come out and when it does it come out a little too thick. Is this normal? I be looking for the light film so as not to over wet the carpet. Also left lines on last job. (is it the operator?) I'm still working on perfecting my cleaning performance with the cimex and releaseit products. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
There is a delay to the solution. It is gravity fed. The blue drive deck is actually called "the bowl" of the machine. When you squeeze the valve the bowl begins to fill up. Then the solution travels through the plumbing and down through pads. The process from dry to being ready to scrub takes a couple of seconds.

So keep the time delay in mind as you're working. When you first start up the machine and it's totally dry - the time delay is longer. The most common way to work with the Cimex is with a "wet pass" / "dry Pass" method...

As you scrub the carpet - hold the solution lever for a couple of seconds as you begin your "wet pass" to get solution down into the pads. Hold the solution lever wide open while you walk at a moderate pace. Then release the solution lever a couple of steps before the end of your "wet pass" so the pads will be ready for the "dry pass".

Now you make your "dry pass" by doubling back over the "wet pass". On the "dry pass" periodically tap the solution solution lever to feather a little more solution to keep the pads damp. The "dry pass" is at a slower walking pace than the "wet pass" A couple of steps before the end of the "dry pass" squeeze the solution lever again to get the solution into the head of the machine to start your next "wet pass".

As you'll notice from the colored text above, you want to factor the time delay as you work with the machine. By backing off on the solution at the end of your "wet pass", your pads are ready to begin the "dry pass". And by starting up the solution again at the end of the "dry pass" your pads will be ready for the next "wet pass".

Two final tips: Overlap each new "wet pass" / "dry Pass" a couple of inches to insure uniformity. And keep in mind that the bowl and pads are holding several ounces of solution - so if you need to turn off the machine, first spin the pads dry for a few seconds, otherwise you will leave 3 wet spots on the carpet.

I have tried to spell this out as clearly as I can. What I've typed here makes it sound more complicated than it really is. In fact this process of when to squeeze and release the solution lever becomes very second nature in a matter of no time.

I hope this info gets your Cimexing sorted out. Enjoy!
You will eventually get to where you will be able to do it by the sound of the pads.
  Reply   Purge Spammer