• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there such a thing as Anti-Allergen Encap Treatment?
I know you can get Anti-Allergen pre-sprays & treatments for HWE but does such a thing exist for Encapping? Basically to assist sufferers of Asthma & Allergies.

Or is this just a silly question and HWE is the only way to really deal with this to remove as much of the dust particles as possible instead of encapsulating them and leaving those encapsulated particles behind to be breathed in until they can be removed with a vacuum?

Very interested if such a thing exists.

Cheers

Jamie
BioEncap? For allergy sufferers I explain the process and they are content. I spray, scrub, bonnet, and groom with a CRB. They generally have no problem vacuuming in about an hour after I'm gone. Bonus is that most allergy sufferers have a quality vacuum.

Just to help, before I do the job, I ask to see their vacuum and the type of air return filters that they are using. More than anything that helps me to determine what type of customer I'm dealing with, how serious they are about allergies.
I am not aware of any encap detergents that are specifically "anti-allergen". Perhaps the polymer may encapsulate allergens that are present, I think there's a good chance of it. But I wouldn't sign my name to it. Allergy sufferers can be super sensitive, so it's a delicate matter to promise removal of allergens.
I would ask first to determine specifically what it is that they are allergic to.

If it is dust mites, then a good vacuuming several times with a QUALITY VACUUM, will help to alleviate many symptoms.

The anti-allergen treatment can then be topically applied.

When you talk about dust mites, consider this:

Dust mites do not like ultra violet, hence, during daylight hours they crawl to the darkest spot within the mattress.

They also like a warm moist environment, our sweaty beds/mattresses provide an ideal living area for them.

If you are cleaning with hwe, will your solution & vacuum reach to where these critters are.?

Bear in mind, that when you wet up the mattress, your vacuum will be less efficient than on dry fabric.

At night, these critters come to the surface to feed on the dead skin cells that everyone of us lose each night.

This, you could say, is their dining room.

They also do their business (doo-doo) out there.

This would be their bathroom.

This doo-doo contains a by-product called Der p 1, this is what causes the allergies.

Consider the human throat as a giant vacuum cleaner, sucking in these microscopic spores each and every night.

This is why people wake up in the morning feeling so crook and with the typical symptoms related to dust mites.

In my opinion, thorough, dry vacuuming, followed by the topical treatment is all that is needed for those suffering from house dust mite allergies.

The topical treatment de-natures the feces containing the Der p 1.

IdeaSort of like encapsulating crap to render it sealed. Blush

If the mattress needs to be cleaned for appearance, then I would encap; and probably cover with a mattress cover.

For health in regard to urine, etc; (SEWAGE), then hwe is the best way to go, providing the correct solutions for the problem are used.

This is only my opinion, not a scientific conclusion and I do welcome further dialogue on this subject as I like to listen to others viewpoints and hopefully learn more.

S-1
Thanks so much for the replies so far.

Shorty, De-Naturing the dust mite faeces is exactly what I am trying to achieve. What I am trying to target is carpet & upholstery for a promotion I am doing.

Given that there is no purpose built anti-allergen Encap. Would it be possible to pre-treat the carpet or upholstery with anti-Allergen treatment (with some dwell time) and then Encap over the top.

Would this impact the Encap process? Or would it just encapsulate the de-natured and normal
dirt

Cheers

Jamie
"Would this impact the Encap process? Or would it just encapsulate the de-natured and normal
dirt"

Rick would answer this better than me, but going on past experiences and stories, DON'T MIX ENCAP WITH OTHER PRODUCTS, I would say that mixing them may not be compatible.

You run several risks of which you could be held liable.

You could de-stabilise the encap; properties, thereby making it not to achieve the function it is designed to do. ie; encapsulate soils.

It may also have an adverse reaction to any other damp product in the mattress.

If this happens, who knows what chemical, including gases, may be produced.

I remember when the solvent based Scotch**** was applied to wet fabric, Hydrochloric Acid could be produced which quickly deteriorated the fabric it had been applied to. Angry

Fortunately, NOT by me. Big Grin

Be careful, ask questions from the people that manufacture the products before you do things, and ALWAYS test on your own fabrics first.

Hope this helps.

S-1