• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Commercial Breakthrough....
Residential work has been great for us. Pays the bills, brings us exciting challenges (pet stains, traffic lances, you name it) but I enjoy commercial cleaning most of all.

I am grateful.

As it stands commercial work accounts for maybe 30% of our business. I'd like to flip that around next year and have a bulk of our work be commercial with some residential.

I don't mid working at night, we get the most repeats from commercial work (a lot of our residential are move outs or people that seem to have their carpets cleaned way too infrequently) I love the straight forward work of commercial and I'd also like to build auxiliary services like janitorial, office cleaning, etc.

I'm assuming (yes, a dangerous thing to assume....) that most of you here are doing primarily commercial.

What are the best steps to building commercial work?

Most of what we get now is Google which is awesome, but I'd like to be more proactive.

Postcards? Letters? Phone calls?

Thanks in advance for the feedback guys!
Hey Dude,
Set your priorities.

1: If you don't already have it, get Rick's Releasit CMS ( Commercial Marketing System ).

2: When you get it, study it, copy the relevant forms to reflect your business, then go and get the work, always adhering to what is in the World's Greatest Creative Marketing Tool known to mankind for Commercial Carpet Cleaning.

CRIKEY !!!! if it hasn't already been named, this could be the Commercial Carpet Cleaners Bible for Encapsulation.

Shywun
hiyas TCDude Smile

def search through here: http://forum.excellent-supply.com/Forum/

LOTS of great topics with this info.
If you've money but little time, direct mail can work. You have to think in terms of mailing 100 to 200 pieces per week - week after week after week. If you've got time but little money or you just want to get after it directly, start making calls on local businesses. Rick's program is fantastic with the latter approach.
Try the oldest form of getting new customers go knock on their door, set aside 1 day a week and go for it. Yes you will encounter a lot of closed doors, however, sooner or later they will need a carpet cleaner and why not you.
Thanks, Gents!
I do janitorial work, (office cleaning) which is 95% of my business. In all my accts except one, I picked up by walking in and handing out my card and flyer with a big first month savings coupon printed on it.

I received only one call from my yahoo listing which I pay 9.95 a month for, now with that listing and the contract I received out of it I have since made the money back and so far continue to do so each month.

So print up a nice flyer and start walking.
Awesome!

Anybody have a link to Rick's marketing package?

I know you get it if you buy a Cimex or Orbot but I just bought a second used Bot and have no plans on getting a Cimex in the near immediate future....but plan to!
On the top of this page you will see this:

Forum Home Search Help Old EncapBoard Archive Excellent-Supply.com

Click on the last one to the right.

It will take you here.

http://www.excellent-supply.com/

Find Carpet Cleaning Accessories and click on it.

You will go here.

http://www.excellent-supply.com/Carpet-C..._c_11.html

Inside this section you will find what you are after.

Smile
Thanks, Shorty!