• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seasonality With Commercial Marketing
Do you find that you get lower response in the winter to your marketing efforts with commercial work? In other words, does it mirror residential response rates?

We've never made a concerted commercial marketing push in the winter, but I'd love to keep working on it this year and next through the cold months.

Those of you who live in tropical climates need not make any snide remarks about the "hinterland"! Smile
Can we look at this another way??

Your winter is (I think), from roughly October through to March ?

This also covers the holiday period during Christmas and the New year.

I find that this is my busiest period for commercial work, when many businesses close down for their annual break which could be up to two weeks.

They all want their carpets and upholstery cleaned when there is no staff present.

I actually am booked out during this time for a couple of months solid, including week-ends.

I realise that I don't have to contend with snow and other problems related to this time of year, but even during my "wet season", (we don't have the four seasons, just "wet" & "dry"), my work is always constant.

Previously I have refused to clean cotton sofas due to mold concerns, but I'm trialling new ways so that I no longer have this concern.

Chase your work through the year, and put them on a regular cleaning schedule so that you don't miss out when other cleaners are slack.

Hope this helps.

Shortwun.

PS:: TROPICAL CLIMES,??? whatever do you mean??

It's quite cool at the moment Big Grin
Shorty makes a good point, I don't market anymore but my busiest time is during the winter Holiday Season. People want party rooms cleaned, before and after parties. Companies shut down and want major work done during this period. My biggest Commercial Tile & Grout cleaning job ...ever came in this period.
Plus in most companies it's the end of the fiscal year and new budgets are a concern so they look for alternatives in a lot of cases.