• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steam clean then encap or encap then steam clean
i am pretty sure Rick has giving me the answer to this but want to ask again .. so if you thought a place was pretty dirty would you 
steam clean first then encap or encap then steam clean 
I would assume you would HWE first to get the majority of the dirt load out first and then encap to help eliminate wicking.
I am sure Master Jedi Rick will let us know the one true answer!
I also would do as Lee has said.

Cool
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........
I don't really think there is a wrong way to go about it....but I would suggest encap, then extraction. My reason for saying that is agitation before extraction gives great results. It will allow more contaminants to break away from the fiber + allow more foreign material to be removed once extracted. But no matter what you decide always be aware of how much moisture your using.. too much is never good. My 2 cents
LDo the 2 step:

1. Step one - HWE.
I'd recommend a good pre-scrub followed with a thorough HWE cleaning. Take your time extracting. Make several passes. Make additional dry passes. Put fans on the carpet to speed dry it.

2. Step two  - post-encap.
After the carpet is completely dry perform a post-encap. Using Encap-HydrOx can be helpful to limit discoloring/browning. Post-bonnet/pad cleaning can also help to get it to dry quicker and remove additional soil. And it's a good idea to speed dry it with fans. 

That'll do it. Also, don't forget to tell the customer that the carpet will look bad before the second step. They can expect to see some pretty awful looking wicking. The second step should get that corrected though. And be sure to charge accordingly for the extra work involved to get it sorted out.