• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Terrazzo Floor
Hi Rick,

I was googling and came across this page:

http://www.excellent-supply.com/Marble-C...ctions.pdf

However, I don't see most of these supplies on your store and the stone care page gets a 404 error. Did you all quit selling this stuff?

I have a terrazzo floor to do and am trying to consider my options with the equipment I have (175/autoscrubber/cimex) and waxing vs polishing. Terrazzo is new area for me so any advice very much welcome!!
Ok I've been doing more research. I was imagining the starburst to be 8" which is why I didn't think you still sold it, but I believe there are 3 per pad driver so guessing you would need 9 of the 3"? About $150 per grit level.

Then I came across the diamond PADS that are 8", so about $54 per set. Saw a couple posts on the forums about those. This floor was covered with carpet for many years. I removed all the mastic and it's in pretty good shape, so I'm thinking the diamond pads would do the trick.

I had considered using 20" diamond pads on my 175 (I've used high grit diamond pads before to clean and burnish already polished concrete with good results, but never gotten into low grit stuff) But I'd rather make investments into my Cimex (i.e. weight kit, for doing tile and grout, rather than weight kit for my 175)

As I said this floor overall is in good condition, just want to bring up the shine. I'm thinking do 4 steps 800-6000 with the 8inch diamond pads, then burnish as well with a diamond pad. The big question is how long does each step take doing 8-10 passes?
Yes, that is a very old document. We put that together over 10 years ago. It provides a very basic entry-level approach to stone care. That overview will make it possible for anyone with a Cimex CR48 to get the wheels rolling.

But let's be clear on this. Stone care is complex. It's not as simple as uncap cleaning. The steps outlined in that document simplify everything to the point that it's possible. However stone care presents many variables, such as your mastic on terrazzo that you're talking about. Thats why there's no cut and dry simple, one-size-fits-all formula for stone care.

We still handle every product in that document. We have some EXCELLENT stone care products! In fact we have scoped out some of the best quality stone care products in the industry. We don't sell as much of those products, simply because we are not focused on that end of the business. We decided to stay on our niche, which is commercial carpet care.

So if you need to stone care products, let us know. We carry a full range of diamond abrasives. And we can get anything you'd like. But we aren't able to provide a ton of tech support on those items because our staff isn't trained for supporting stone care. We can't give a lot of clearly defined information, such as how long each step will take, because there are simply too many variables. Again, our focus is "commercial carpet care". But we do have access to great stone care products if you're in need of anything. So if you need stone care products give us a call and we will be happy to provide anything you can imagine for stone care. We have many basic items in stock, and we can bring in other specialized items very quickly for whatever need you may have.

I have personally dabbled in stone care through the years. And my brother Dave is an ultimate stone care professional www.MarbleGuy.com. So I have some background in stone care. That's why we are confident in offering a good core of fine stone care products. But I once heard it said that you can't ride 2 horses with 1 butt. That's why we've chosen to ride the commercial carpet care horse; and ride it well. Smile

Here's a link to our stone care products. http://www.excellent-supply.com/HARD-FLOORS_c_63.html And like I mentioned above, we can get in practically any item you'd every likely need, just call us 1-800-330-1888. We just aren't set up for doing a whole lot of stone care support.