• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rotary with shower fed for encapping
Hi Everyone

Don't do a lot of encapping at the moment but using a rotary with a pad after first spraying encap on the carpet by a pump up sprayer and following up with a bonett we have achieved some very good results.

However have been offered the chance to quote on a much larger job than usual, and looking to increase production, so thought about mounting a tank on my rotary and using it to shower feed onto the pad so save time. Does anyone do this and if so can you give me any tips.

Regards
Eddie
  Reply   Purge Spammer
I have a shower feed or shampoo tank on my 175 and use it all the time. It is part of my normal routine.
You will love having the additional fluid capacity, speed and control!
I believe it allows you to get better results than a pump up sprayer as well!
It works best with fiber pads but will also work with bonnets.
Go for it.
YES! Do it. You're only skimming the surface of the Encap pool if you're not applying solution as you're cleaning. Spraying it out and then scrubbing doesn't give you very good control of the solution. Slap a tank onto your rotary machine and don't look back. You're gonna love it.
Thanks for your replies

Just a couple of questions, what the best technique for applying the solution from the tank, a little often or a lot and then leave it closed for a while?. Also when using bonnets do you do anything different just wondered as wouldn't they absorb a lot of the solution before it has a chance to get to the carpet.

Regards Eddie
  Reply   Purge Spammer
1. A wet pass / dry pass combo works well.
2. You can also "feather the trigger" as you're scrubbing.

Using a shampoo tank only works with pads such as the FiberPlus pads. It won't work with bonnets. As you noted, the bonnet will absorb too much solution. However the FiberPlus pads are designed for encap scrubbing on carpet. They're perfect for that! http://www.excellent-supply.com/search#query=fiberplus&view=strip&showed=48&page=0
Hi

Many thanks for your advice, will be trying it out shortly.

Eddie
  Reply   Purge Spammer