• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pricing - Square Footage
Hi all,

Just curious how others calculate something like this. I have a retail shoe store that's 6000 sq ft carpeted area. I'd say around 40% is the racks of shoes. Lots of aisles to go up and down.

For a business like this, do you calculate it on 6000 or more like 3600 sq ft? I know ballpark for something like this is around 10c + per sq ft... but I'm not sure if others price on the total square footage or the cleanable square footage. I priced at $450 and wondering if I'm high or low or right on point. Using Cimex.
Working AROUND furnishings is typically more time consuming that cleaning a wide open room. Subtracting square footage for rack/furnishing deductions doesn't make sense. You could chop off a few thousand feet if you're so inclined, but don't go crazy. Charge a flat rate for the total square footage. In our area a fair price for 6,000 sq ft of retail carpet would be about .09 per sq ft. You could trim the square footage back to 5500 sq ft to be a nice guy. At that rate you would charge $495 for the enter store. That's what I'd bid on a job that size. That should be competitive.