• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monthly Accounts
Bulk mailers are a waste of money IMHO

Face to face still works well for commercial sales. Don't get me wrong you'll get plenty of rejection. But if you persist at it, you will see that it works.

Check out this brief EncapBlog video I made that outlines how to get in front of good prospects...

http://www.excellent-supply.com/Getting-...r_b_3.html

And while you're at it, this video may be helpful too...

http://www.excellent-supply.com/The-impo...s_b_6.html

And make sure you push doing a DEMO. It's been said that...
"A presentation without a demonstration is just a conversation."

Wishing you success as you get out and land commercial accounts!
(12-17-2012, 03:46 AM)TheCleaningDude Wrote: We were never rude to them but we never paid any attention to them either. Things were just too hectic and busy. It can be very difficult - if not impossible - to stop what you're doing in order to listen to what might for right or wrong seem to be a 'pitch'.

then like me, don't even ask to speak with the D.M. get the name from the gate keeper, go home and call back. the gate keeper can and will easily say not interested over the phone. however in person, the gate keeper will, from my experience, 95% of the time give you the D.M.'s name.
There are 2 types of advertising

1. Branding:
2. Call to Action:

Most call to action advertising/marketing works on the same principle.

ie: Nobody pays any attention to Ads or marketing approaches until they have a need for it. (except impulse buyers)

My point is don't make your cold calling commercial clients a branding exercise. Make it a call to action.

Cold calling can easily become branding but don't let it otherwise you are wasting your time.

Cheers

Jamie
Thanks, Rick!

You say nay to bulk mailers. What about targeted mailers to decision makers?

(12-17-2012, 07:16 AM)encapman Wrote: Bulk mailers are a waste of money IMHO

Face to face still works well for commercial sales. Don't get me wrong you'll get plenty of rejection. But if you persist at it, you will see that it works.

Check out this brief EncapBlog video I made that outlines how to get in front of good prospects...

http://www.excellent-supply.com/Getting-...r_b_3.html

And while you're at it, this video may be helpful too...

http://www.excellent-supply.com/The-impo...s_b_6.html

And make sure you push doing a DEMO. It's been said that...
"A presentation without a demonstration is just a conversation."

Wishing you success as you get out and land commercial accounts!

Interesting Derek.

So after you get the name of the D.M. you make a direct call to him or her?

Anything after that? Letter, return visit to the office?

(12-17-2012, 06:33 PM)Derek Wrote:
(12-17-2012, 03:46 AM)TheCleaningDude Wrote: We were never rude to them but we never paid any attention to them either. Things were just too hectic and busy. It can be very difficult - if not impossible - to stop what you're doing in order to listen to what might for right or wrong seem to be a 'pitch'.

then like me, don't even ask to speak with the D.M. get the name from the gate keeper, go home and call back. the gate keeper can and will easily say not interested over the phone. however in person, the gate keeper will, from my experience, 95% of the time give you the D.M.'s name.
Targeted mailing to choice decision makers is more helpful than bulk mailing. However sending targeted mail to choice people should still be used as part of an overall strategy to get in front of the decision maker for a face to face presentation. Trust me on this. Commercial sales can not accomplished effectively via remote control. You've gotta go toe to toe to get results. If by chance you're not able to do this or aren't comfortable getting in front of a prospect, find a person you can hire to do it for you.
(12-18-2012, 04:34 AM)TheCleaningDude Wrote: Interesting Derek.

So after you get the name of the D.M. you make a direct call to him or her?

Anything after that? Letter, return visit to the office?

yep make a direct call reiterating the free demo & quote offer that the full color marketing piece you left for them states. ask if they are interested and if they would like you to set up a time now.