• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using peroxide as a booster
If I wanted to buy 40 volume peroxide from a beauty supply to use as a booster how many ozs. per gallon of cleaner should I use? Anyone else do this? Thanks.
Lots of guys do it. But be careful to make sure you don't mix it with an encap product that crystallizes. Traditional encap chemistry does not play nicely with hydrogen peroxide. Mixing hydrogen peroxide into an encap detergent (that crystallizes) will compromise the encapsulation properties. That's why Encap-HydrOx employs a different polymer than all the other Releasit detergents. It's formulated with a hydrogen peroxide stable polymer.
and i wouldn't/don't use 40 vol on darker colored carpets. i ONLY use 40 vol on really light colored carpets: off white/tan/light grey, 'cause i'm skeered of color loss.
Thank for that info Rick. Hydrox works well.
Not a good idea to be mixing chemicals, the people that make them have several options, find one that fits the bill and use it.
Once you mix chemicals you have created a new one, that is ok until there is a problem, now you will need msds sheets etc.
Rick, do you consider Hydrox just as safe for the tech to use as your other products. I have grown very fond of Hydrox. I use it on most every job these days.
Great product.
(12-11-2012, 08:24 PM)Gkleen Wrote: Rick, do you consider Hydrox just as safe for the tech to use as your other products. I have grown very fond of Hydrox. I use it on most every job these days.
Great product.

Yes it's safe to work with. However as an undiluted product it can turn your skin white and it may produce a mild tingling or burning sensation. This is caused by the strong hydrogen peroxide. This is a mild skin irritation that passes quickly and won't cause any lasting harm. From a toxicity and an environmental standpoint Encap-HydrOx is a safe product to work with.
Thanks Rick. My main concern with any product that we spray is the inhalation of something that will prove harmful in the long term. I watched my Mother die a horrible death from lung disease and that has made a deep impression on me.
Thanks for a great product Rick. Hydrox "Rocks"! Smile