• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
History of the Cimex
It is my understanding that the Cimex was first developed to be used for scrubbing the timber decks of the Royal Navy boats in Great Britain.

Can someone verify or dispute this??

Thanks.

Cool
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........
I don't know if the ship decks were made of wood or not. But I can confirm the Cimex machine was originally developed back in 1933 for the British Navy. They wanted a safe machine for using on the ships. The fact that it was a planetary scrubber that produced no torque was its key attribute. It's deep scrubbing ability was merely a side benefit.
I'm interested in this too. I've contacted Truvox International. I'll keep you posted if they get back to me Shy
From the U.K. "Cleantalk" Forum, an ad showing the Cimex cleaning the timber decks of the SS Iberia.

For the kids among us, SS means "Steam Ship".

It can also mean "Single Screw", as in propeller.

[Image: Cimex%201955%20Ad_zpsxexqbtmh.jpg]

Now Rick, behave yourself. Big Grin 

Cool
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Very cool old ad. In fact, I just found a copy of that ad on Ebay and ordered it. Thanks for sharing it with us. Smile

[Image: cimex-ship-deck-ad-1955.jpg]
[Image: old-cimex-ad.png]
[Image: old_cimex.jpg]
With all due respect, but, I think the Lady pictured above maybe a bot oversudsed?? Tongue 

Ah-ha, Confused  I see it all now, she wasn't using Releasit products. Wink 

Cool
Reminds me of the time Jimmy Ladwig stopped by our booth at the Connections/Experience trade show. As you might expect from Jimmy - he squeezed the solution valve on the Cimex continuously till there was a mound of foam like you see in that old photo.  Dodgy
Spoke to Truvox, they're going to see what they can come up with. Apparently a lot was lost during the various takeovers.
Thanks to Charlotte from Truvox International.

Thanks to Charlotte from Truvox International.

Wow!!! Thanks for sharing those cool bits of nostalgia with us. So nice to have that historical look at the Cimex. It's great to see those photos. I really appreciate your posting those for us! Smile
A few more.