• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What can DS2 and Hydrox do?
I have just received my first order of ds2 and hydrox. I have some questions.

1. Is the performance of these solutions affected by being exposed to the cold. I keep my solutions in my van overnight and it is getting very cold now?

2. What can I clean with these solutions and what not. Do they do upholstery with out colour bleed or risk of browning?

3. Can they be used as a spotter and can they be used with hwe cleaning as a prespray before being extracted?

4. If they can be used as a spotter will they remove urine and vomit or any sort of dye based stains?

Thanks
Welcome to the Releasit line. Thank you for giving us the chance to provide you with good encap products!

1. The products are freeze/thaw stable (tested to 2 freeze/thaw cycles). As a general rule, it's always recommended to try to prevent any detergent from freezing. You'll notice that the viscosity may get thicker and some cloudiness may appear in near freezing temperatures. But the cloudiness won't affect the product's performance.

2A. You can use DS2 on any "water-safe" textile (carpet or upholstery / synthetic or natural). DS2 is a powerhouse encap detergent. Use it as a shampoo type product. Encapsulates soil extremely well. Releases from the fiber so soil can be recovered during post-vacuuming. It also resists soil.
2B. HydrOx works great on synthetic carpet. It brightens the carpet without using optical brighteners (especially on lighter colored carpet). It's great for any type of organic spoil or organic staining, such as vomit, blood, browning, water stains, ice-melt, coffee, wine, etc.

3. Yes, you can use them at a strong dilution for spotting.

4. HydrOx will remove many natural based stains listed above (2B). DS2 can also be used as a good all around spotter. DS2 is especially effective for dealing with spill stains that have the potential to wick. An even more specialized spotting product would be Encap-Spot. Encap-Spot is a multi-purpose rinse-free encap spotter that covers a lot of ground (very popular).

Thanks again for giving the Releasit line a try. Please keep me posted. If I or our staff at Excellent Supply can help in any way, please don't hesitate to ask.
I have built my business on DS2,Punch and Hydrox.
I think you will really enjoy the results when you use them a bit!
Which product would you recommend for filtration lines?

I have a wool carpet to clean and thought of using DS2 with my CRB cause it is a frieze. Would a strong mix of DS2 handle the filtration lines?
Filtration lines can be very difficult.
If you wish to give it a try using VLM I would recommend using the strongest mix of Punch the bottle recommends.
I then use an edging brush followed by a microfiber towel.
Lots of dwell time is also recommended.
If that procedure does not work you may need to HWE with a special filtration line solution.
Some filtration lines may come a bit lighter but may never come out fully.
Thanks Lee. I will give Punch a try.
Rick mentioned how Hydrox works great on ice-melt..i just want to add that i love using it for this reason. in the great white north, we've come across LOTS of ice-melt abuse at a lot of our Clients facilities. Hydrox at a higher ratio (i'll use it @ 12-20 oz) breaks down the ice-melt residue well. Hydrox has made us look good many times over the past 2 years, helping to remove terrible ice-melt residue issues.