• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lavender oil and milk spot on wool carpet...
Today a customer called me with some lavender oil and milk spots on a light wool carpet. I know i can use DS2 on wool but will DS2 or Punch handle this spots on a wool carpet...? Furthermore they have some blood spots  Confused . I could solve some blood spots with HydrOx on synthetic carpets with great results...but on wool?

What would you recommend or would it be better to stay away from this challenge?
For blood spots, go ahead and use HydrOx. You're only spotting with it.

And yes, you can use DS2 and Punch safely too. Give it a thorough cleaning and you should be fine.
Thanks for your fast reply!

Than i will try HydrOx with the spotting dilution 1-3 for the blood spots. Should I use for the milk and lavender oil spots a strong DS2 or Punch dilution (1 - 2) to pre spot before the general cleaning?
You could Pre-spot those spots with a strong mixture of Punch.
Then Pre-spray with Punch and shampoo like normal using DS2.
(01-10-2017, 10:40 AM)encapman Wrote: You could Pre-spot those spots with a strong mixture of Punch.
Then Pre-spray with Punch and shampoo like normal using DS2.

Thanks again. I will give it a try.
I have read some old threads and you recommended in a old thread HydrOx for milk stains. (here is the thread: http://forum.excellent-supply.com/thread...light=milk ).

I know that Punch is very, very good for oily spots and HydrOx for organic ones like blood, coffee, wine.

So would HydrOx work as good on milk spots as the recommended Punch?
Both products can work on milk. Is there a prominent stain from the milk?
(01-10-2017, 11:46 PM)encapman Wrote: Both products can work on milk. Is there a prominent stain from the milk?

Hello Rick, the milk spot is a few months old...customer tried to solve the problem with some household spotter...maybe they set the stain!

I plan to extract the residue of their spotter with clear water and then try Punch or HydrOx.

When would you prefer Punch over HydrOx in this case?
Try both. HydrOx would work on most milk stains. Punch and DS2 would work well for general cleaning of carpet that had milk spilled on it. For "staining" from milk, I would go with HydrOx.
Ok and thank you. I will give both a try and will let you know how it worked. Great to get so much informations here! Thanks a lot!
So, this morning i went to the customer. Tried Punch for the lavender Spot, HydrOx for the milk, some small blood and some coffee spots.

The blood spots disapeared after a little dweltime. I only could lighten the coffee spot a bit. But their was no soil transfer into my microfiber rag! Nothing when blotting the coffee or the lavender spot. Couldn't make any difference of the lavender spot. Think they set the spot with their household spot shampoo.

Was a bad combination: wool carpet and their own spotting attempts.
Wool can be impossible if the stain has set up. It's animal hair. And just like human hair, it can be dyed or bleached to a new color. I've seen wool behave that way, especially with older stains. The stain becomes one with the fiber and there's no turning it around when that occurs. That's why it's always a good idea to set reasonable expectations. "Underpromise" when it looks like there may be a less than perfect outcome.
Yes, i told them on the phone that maybe it is hard to get a reasonable result cause of the wool and their attempts. Showed them the burn test and the clear microfiber rag to make a professional impression and they were fine.

By the way...on another job i tried your trick i have read in a different thread for old coffee stains...used HydrOx 1-3 and then blotted with Encap Spot. Worked great!!!  

(Thats what you adviced, thought i post it here for other members to try it: "Encapman: Or you can coax Encap-HydrOx into mimicking Stain Magic by first treating the carpet with the 1:3 mixture above, followed by blotting the spot with Encap-Spot. This approach works extremely well for treating urine stains, as well as other stubborn organic stains such as coffee and red wine.")
Makes sense. Well done Bernd! Smile
(01-09-2017, 04:36 PM)encapman Wrote: For blood spots, go ahead and use HydrOx. You're only spotting with it.

And yes, you can use DS2 and Punch safely too.  Give it a thorough cleaning and you should be fine.

?
  Reply   Purge Spammer