• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wicking on Needle Felt Carpet
I often have to clean Neddle Felt or Needle Punch carpets with lots of coffee or oily spots.  How do you prevent wicking in this situations?

Yesterday i cleaned 400 m² in some rooms and hallways in a sports hotel. The carpet was installed on wood floor! It was a old castle. Encaped it with my Orbot, Microfiber pads and Superzorbs but some spots wicked back.  I told the customer that it could happen .

How do you handle the spots to prevent wicking? Do you pre spray them? I noticed if i am using only a bit moisture, i only can make a little  difference -the spots are still visible...if i use more solution, the spots are disappearing- but wick back, although i extracted the moisture with lots of pads till the floor was dry and a little bit warm!
Here's the trick for fixing your spill stain woes...
http://www.excellent-supply.com/Fixing-T..._b_24.html''
Thanks for the link!

Do you treat coffee spots with HydrOx in the same way?
Cleaned today 7000 dq/fts office carpet with wonderful results. Tried your trick for spill stains and it worked great! The carpet was spotless! Thanks for your advice. DS2 at 5 oz , Punch as my pre- spray and Encap Spot was my choice.
Hi Bernd,

Glad to hear that. My little trick for spill stains has made a lot cleaners a lot of money! Enjoy using it. Smile
Yes Rick, i can imagine that!

Finished today, on a sunday Confused another commercial job. Lots of oily spots...Encap spot worked great. Fantastic spotter!

Visited another customer i cleaned with DS2...the carpet looked much more better than i left. "Popped" up and looks realy fresh and clean.

And i got many compliments of the light and clean smell!
[Image: awesome.jpg]
I will say it again, Encap Spot is an underrated product. Nice job Bernd!
(01-23-2017, 10:53 AM)GroovyJon Wrote: I will say it again, Encap Spot is an underrated product. Nice job Bernd!

Thanks GroovyJon. You are right, Encap Spot makes a fantastic job and is my preferred general spotter.
Rick, Can I buy one of those coffee cups or a 2go cup. I like them!
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Are you talking about our Releasit coffee mugs?
We'd be happy to throw one in with your next order. For free.  Big Grin
Just make a note, or mention that we spoke about it, and it'll be included.
(01-19-2017, 10:27 AM)encapman Wrote: Here's the trick for fixing your spill stain woes...
http://www.excellent-supply.com/Fixing-T..._b_24.html''

I got a new job with more than 24000 sq/fts cgd and some cola, tea and coffee spills. It is again the very thin needle felt carpet.

1.) I would like to clean with DS2. My question: when i use DS2 and have some coffee or tea spills can i use HydrOx for spotting in combination with your "litle trick"? I only would scrub around the spots with sprayed down Hydrox (with a pump up sprayer, instead of DS2 in the onboard sprayer), than 1-2 minutes a dry scrub on the spot and finally a bit of Hydrox in the 1 - 3 dilution. So i would clean with DS2 and only use Hydrox for the spill problems. Could this work?

2.) There are some brown water marks...should i spray them lightly or try your trick? A few weeks ago there was another cleaner there and many spots wicked back so i would like to do a great job!

The problem is the realy thin needle felt carpet!
[attachment=291][attachment=291]
  Dodgy  Much as I like the coffee mug, to me, it relates to work. Dodgy

Being an avid photographer & wanting to do much more of it once more, I like to take my favourite mug with me on jobs.

This helps me to relax & think what else I'd rather be doing. Tongue

Attached Files Image(s)

I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........
Shorty I didn't know you were into photography. I like it too!

For around forty years Rick.

Here's my Muggaccino.

Back to reality, my favourite camera was an old Pentax LX with motor drive.

But I won't disturb this post with my follies.

Cheers.
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........