• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please Help! Client's question
Question 
Sorry for this but Im new with dry cleanning proces.

A big office here in Mexico keeps their carpets clean with Host system, they are asking me how many water is used by a square meter (About 10 sqf) with the encapsulatiion system. They want to be sure not to loose their seller or carpet manufacturer warranty.

Somebody knows about how much ready to use detergent is used per square or a determined area? aprox?

Or how can I support  the  switch (change) of maintenance from Host to Encap?

Thank you in advance for your help.
  Reply   Purge Spammer
(01-25-2017, 01:08 AM)Carpetman Wrote: Sorry for this but Im new with dry cleanning proces.

A big office here in Mexico keeps their carpets clean with Host system, they are asking me how many water is used by a square meter (About 10 sqf) with the encapsulatiion system. They want to be sure not to loose their seller or carpet manufacturer warranty.

Somebody knows about how much ready to use detergent is used per square or a determined area? aprox?

Encapsulation is NOT dry cleaning per say.

It is VLM ( Very Low Moisture ).

I personally, have never heard of a warranty being voided by the amount of water used, unless it is excessive and stays wet for days, etc;

What type of machine will you be using for the encapsulation process?

Will you be using encapsulation  via pads, with say a Cimex, or bonnet cleaning with an Orbital machine of which there are several.??

Done properly, encapsulation cleaning is dry within a couple of hours & uses very little moisture.

I have not done a specific test to determine how much in a square metre, maybe others have.

I wish you all the best in your new venture.

Cool
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........
As i remember... Rick mentioned to use 1 gallon of RTU for approx 300 sq/fts of carpet...hope i understood your question right and it helps Wink
Excellent answers above! I agree completely. Nothing more to add really. Well done guys. :-)
(01-25-2017, 05:53 AM)Bernd Wrote: As i remember... Rick mentioned to use 1 gallon of RTU for approx 300 sq/fts of carpet...hope i understood your question right and it helps Wink

Thank you very much, exactly this is the question.

Any other argument for convince them to change from host to encap?
  Reply   Purge Spammer
(01-25-2017, 04:16 AM)Lounge Lizards Wrote:
(01-25-2017, 01:08 AM)Carpetman Wrote: Sorry for this but Im new with dry cleanning proces.

Encapsulation is NOT dry cleaning per say.

It is VLM ( Very Low Moisture ).

I personally, have never heard of a warranty being voided by the amount of water used, unless it is excessive and stays wet for days, etc;

What type of machine will you be using for the encapsulation process?

Will you be using encapsulation  via pads, with say a Cimex, or bonnet cleaning with an Orbital machine of which there are several.??

Done properly, encapsulation cleaning is dry within a couple of hours & uses very little moisture.

I have not done a specific test to determine how much in a square metre, maybe others have.

I wish you all the best in your new venture.

Cool
Thank you for your help, Any other argument for convince them to change from Host to Encap?
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Maybe a small demo.
Ask a lot of questions.
Why are they talking to you?
What do they want and why?
What do they like about their current cleaner?
What don't they like about their current cleaner?
Is this about price, service or something else?
When you have that info you can then determine how best to meet their needs.
(01-25-2017, 01:21 PM)GroovyJon Wrote: Maybe a small demo.

Yes, make a demo. Did it this morning in a small office with heavy traffic lanes...worked wonderful. Only with with DS2 in the onboard sprayer- without pre spraying of Punch.

So everyone can see the results and how fast the carpet is drying. Its the best way to convince new customers.
Doing a demo IS THE SELLING POINT...

"A presentation, without a demonstration, is merely a conversation."
True Story regarding demo's.

I cold called (physically went to the building) a commercial building and got to the property manager. The property manager would not give me the time of day. I asked if I could do a demo on some spots in a main corridor. The manager said his janitorial has tried to get the spots out for years and its permanent - manager then just walked away and went back to his office (brushed me off). I went to my truck and got some Encap spot and got the spots out, went back to the property manager, (he was not happy that I was bothering him again). He then saw I got the spots out, I was able to get a quarterly contract.

Please, I do not advise anyone to do what I did without a mangers permission. Just wanted to share that doing demos with a qualified customer can really make a difference.