• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question for raising my productivity
I have a question for the more experienced cleaners:: How can i raise my hourly production rate? Mostly i have commercial customer with some free hallways and mostly furnished offices. I have a helper who vaccums and puts the chairs out of the room and mixes new solutions for me...but i only average 500 - 600 sq/fts per hour! Sometimes more...but infrequent!

Ok. Every carpet and soiling is different but i feel i am definitly to slow! I make one pass with my Orbot spraying down solution and one slower dry pass with a VCT pad. On heavily soiled areas i use a MF or SuperZorb. I got another customer with more than 26000 sq/fts and need to raise my productivity. Does some aditional weight help? If i am using all weight plates, can i go a bit faster? Till now i used max three plates per side? Makes it a big difference when using all plates an CGD? The next days i have to do another 7200 sq/fts of furnished offices and two hallways. Heavily soiled. How long would i take for you to clean?

How is your system and how is your process for maximum productivty? Every advice would be helpful for me! Thanks a lot.
Of course everything depends on the soil load. But your numbers seem oddly on the slow side.

Pick up your pace and evaluate your results. 500-600 sq ft per hour is slow!
Ya, that does seem a little slow especially if you have an assistant moving things and refilling water etc.. Sometimes heavily soiled carpet needs extra scrubbing which can cut down on your hourly sq ft production and cubicles/obstacles can slow things down a bit, but even with all that you should be moving thru more quickly.
When doing bigger jobs its good to have an assistant keeping your machined topped up so that it never stops running during the job.

I don't think adding weights to your machine is the issue.
Rod Clarkin
Excellent Supply 727-821-2020 
Thanks for your replies. Yes, my production is realy slow and i thought i could reach around 900-1000 sq/fts per hour- especially with a helper.

Seems that i have to go a bit faster. Need a hourly rate of 1000 sq fts on the bigger jobs although i have to clean many smaller offices of approximately 350 sq fts and only a few longer hallways. I have read that you reach with the Vario 2000 - 2500 sq fts so it should be possible to reach the same numbers with the Orbot!
As long as the carpet is in the average/moderate soil range you should be able to hit much higher numbers than you're currently achieving. Walk faster with the machine.
(02-14-2017, 04:09 PM)Bernd Wrote: I have a question for the more experienced cleaners:: How can i raise my hourly production rate? Mostly i have commercial customer with some free hallways and mostly furnished offices. I have a helper who vaccums and puts the chairs out of the room and mixes new solutions for me...but i only average 500 - 600 sq/fts per hour! Sometimes more...but infrequent!

Ok. Every carpet and soiling is different but i feel i am definitly to slow! I make one pass with my Orbot spraying down solution and one slower dry pass with a VCT pad. On heavily soiled areas i use a MF or SuperZorb. I got another customer with more than 26000 sq/fts and need to raise my productivity. Does some aditional weight help? If i am using all weight plates, can i go a bit faster? Till now i used max three plates per side? Makes it a big difference when using all plates an CGD? The next days i have to do another 7200 sq/fts of furnished offices and two hallways. Heavily soiled. How long would i take for you to clean?

How is your system and how is your process for maximum productivty? Every advice would be helpful for me! Thanks a lot.
I added 5 plates to each side of my orbot. 1 pass now instead of 3 or 4. Big difference for me.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
(02-16-2017, 10:20 AM)bonedrycarpet Wrote:
(02-14-2017, 04:09 PM)Bernd Wrote: I have a question for the more experienced cleaners:: How can i raise my hourly production rate? Mostly i have commercial customer with some free hallways and mostly furnished offices. I have a helper who vaccums and puts the chairs out of the room and mixes new solutions for me...but i only average 500 - 600 sq/fts per hour! Sometimes more...but infrequent!

I added 5 plates to each side of my orbot. 1 pass now instead of 3 or 4. Big difference for me.

Thanks Bonedrycarpet. Will give it try with 5 plates and a little bit more speed.
So...cleaned today 5700 sq.fts of cgd. Tried the full weight kit, 5 plates on each side. I raised my pace and did 2 passes. One faster while spraying...and one slower as my cleaning pass. Under the desks and on traffic lanes i went slower. I worked with my helper.

We reached 1040 sq. fts per hour! Made exactly 14 furnished offices and 3 hallways. HydrOx worked great on some water and coffe spots! Best result was on medium soiled carper today... we reached 1400 sq. fts. per hour. The final result was very good if you imagine tha that we cleaned a 6 year old carpet without any cleaning in the last years!

More pace and the weight plates gave me the success! Thanks for all your advice. By the way...the manager went by today...saw the result and asked if we could do another 13000 sq. fts. for him Big Grin

Again...thanks for your help and advices!
Sweet!

Well done Bernd. Smile
(02-19-2017, 01:32 PM)Bernd Wrote: So...cleaned today 5700 sq.fts of cgd. Tried the full weight kit, 5 plates on each side. I raised my pace and did 2 passes. One faster while spraying...and one slower as my cleaning pass. Under the desks and on traffic lanes i went slower. I worked with my helper.

We reached 1040 sq. fts per hour! Made exactly 14 furnished offices and 3 hallways. HydrOx worked great on some water and coffe spots! Best result was on medium soiled carper today... we reached 1400 sq. fts. per hour. The final result was very good if you imagine tha that we cleaned a 6 year old carpet without any cleaning in the last years!

More pace and the weight plates gave me the success! Thanks for all your advice. By the way...the manager went by today...saw the result and asked if we could do another 13000 sq. fts. for him Big Grin

Again...thanks for your help and advices!
I knew the weights would help. The orbot is useless without a lot of weight.