• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tu-way pads with Cimex
I know this question may seem a little basic but here it is.
1 ) If I am using a tu-way bonnet pad with the Cimex, should I soak them in Releasit solution and then apply them to the Cimex to clean?
2 ) Should I pre-spray the carpet with encap solution first and then clean with the bonnet pads?
3 ) Or should I just use the feed tank with the encap solution and apply as cleaning the carpet?
  Reply   Purge Spammer
I DON'T KNOW ;-)

However, I would surmise that as you would basically be bonnet cleaning, I would use them as you describe in 1 & 2.

By this, I mean that you would wet the bonnets with solution, pre-spray the solution onto the carpet and then proceed to clean, turning & replacing the bonnets as required.

Question for you:

Have you tried using the bonnets under the Cimex??

If so, how did they perform.??

Still another thing I have to try with Big Yella. :-)

Hopefully, someone else will come along soon with better advice than what I can offer.......
I cleaned the carpet in my own home (off-white) using the cotton bonnets that I purchased on amazon using encap solution from the feed tank. It looked great and of course was easy to vacuum the next day.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stay-On-Cotton-T...0665584101
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Most Cimex users use bonnets to help pick up some soil after using FP pads.

What you seem to be doing is pad capping. If so you would use them as if you were pad capping with a 17" rotory or a Challenger.

Spray down cleaner, dampen bonnets and use with Cimex. Due to the size of the bonnets you are going to be changing them a bunch or ringing them out a lot.

Why do you want to do it this way?
i only use bonnets and some jobs of several thousand sq.ft. we don't change them once...straight encap cleaning. lift cleaning head off of carpet and squeeze trigger for 2-3 seconds to get the cleaning sol flowing into the pads...then set down cleaning head of Cimex and begin cleaning as normal. no extra sprayers or anything else needed. i've done this on every job for 4-5 years. no problemo.
Interesting, I can see the reasoning behind JTM's theory.

With Derek, I am very surprised that they would last the distance.

But having never done it like this, I'm not qualified to say one way or another.

Just goes to show, an old dog CAN be taught new tricks. :-)

One thing though that caught my eye is the removing a pad holder to wet the pad??

It seems a bit tedious to an old fella. :-(

Why not have a small bucket with solution in and wring the bonnet out in that??

When I am putting new pads on Big Yella, I do something similar, except I dunk them in the solution tank and drain them prior to putting on the pad holders.

Merry Christmas all and thank you for all your contributions throughout the year, you've taught me well.

Shortwun.
Like Derek said, Tuways work great. Use them the same way you would use FP pads.