• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flotex Carpeting?
Has anyone tried encapping this carpeting?

There are some architects in my area who have been installing it in school and businesses.
I tried the Cimex on it with a pad and it was barely moving and sticking, almost like velcro.
I was thinking of trying a tuway or bonnet on it instead.

Here is there site, http://www.forbo.com/flooring/en-uk/insp...tex/p6gc7x

Thanks
It can be sort of cleaned using brushes on a Cimex. BUT, I am not 100% happy with this method.

Pads or bonnets will (as you have found) tend to grip the carpet.

My preferred method is to use a CRB (as recommended), and literally flood the carpet, then extract.

I also don't mind using my 360i  with brush head, which will also extract the dirty water.

http://www.karndean.com/en-au/commercial...aintenance

Hope this helps.

Cool
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........
You guys get some weird carpet in Europe and Australia. I'm glad we're not as sophisticated on this side of the pond. Wink
We're tight Rick.

Just imagine, 1,000 fibres per square inch.

100% Nylon 6.6 with over 70 Million fibres per Square Metre, (M2) which is approx;  10.76391041671 F2

Many medical institutions & schools have it installed due to it's resistance to stains & easy clean-ability WITH THE CORRECT METHODS.

I groan sometimes, but the $$$$ are good, IF the people are prepared to pay. Wink

But I still much prefer to use the Cimex on large commercial properties.

Cool
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
I know that stuff is tight. I've spent time in Europe. And I've come to respect the SUPER-DENSE flat-as-a-board commercial carpet they have there.

Have you tried a microfiber scrub bonnet on it? I haven't tried it myself, but I wonder if a good MF-Scrub bonnet might slide over that type of carpet. Might be worth a try.
------------I haven't, but I'll give it a go.

I have two rooms to do later this week.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Means I'll have to use the Sprayborg. Exclamation

Usually, I DO NOT USE ANY DETERGENT, just water, such is the construction of this flooring.

Tongue
JameKel.

I tried the Sprayborg on Flotex Flooring this morning using a microfiber bonnet.

I was that impressed after doing a quarter of one room, that I put it back in the van & got our my CRB.

PLUS; even though I was only using water, this stirred up the detergent from the previous carpet cleaner, making a dirty slurry over the Flotex. Blush   Angry

I believe that because Flotex is so dense, (no comments about me please Dodgy ), that the soiling was not being removed adequately with the bonnet.

IE: the fibres were not being separated as such.

The CRB tends to separate the fibres and pluck the rubbish out as it rinses the Flotex.

The owners were ecstatic with the CRB result & could easily see the difference.

While there, I also cleaned a large mat with my Cimex.

The husband was home at the time, turns out he manages a relatively large office block which he now wants me to come & clean on a regular basis after seeing the Cimex result.

The same people that cleaned the Flotex before also clean his office block.

Hope this helps, I know NOW, that I will NEVER AGAIN USE THE SPRAYBORG ON FLOTEX FLOORING.

Shorty, aka Lounge Lizards.

Cool
That's some helpful info for Flotex carpet. Thanks Shorty for sharing that. So it looks like a CRB is the ticket for the uber-flat Flotex style carpet.
Definitely Rick, that's the way I was taught a few weeks ago. Wink

Karndean are the suppliers of Flotex Flooring in Australia.

This is taken from my website:

Karndean (Sydney)
Approved Flotex Technician 2004
Update Gold Coast 28th Sep 2011

Never, ever, stop learning.

Cool
Thanks Shorty! Good to know. More and more customer are getting Flotex here and i am glad to have my CRB.
Did many take notice of the above posts??

Forget using a bonnet or pad on Flotex.

It has 1,000 fibres per square inch, which means that it is very dense & the fibres jammed against each other.

To clean Flotex properly, these fibres (fibers, darn Yanks  Dodgy Wink ), must be separated to allow the soiling to be extracted.

This can only be done THOROUGHLY with (preferably), a CRB type machine, OR a rotary extractor which also will both separate the fibres & extract the moisture & soiling.

Below is a pic of a government lunch room that IS NOT Flotex, but a synthetic tile with imitation fibres.

This was cleaned this weekend just gone, partially cleaned on the right side, with WATER ONLY.

Hope this helps.

Cool

[Image: Bunda-11.jpg]
Thanks Shorty! You have Flotex down in Australia, so I appreciate your input on the stuff. We don't get it in this part of the world. Good info.