• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone do any wood floor recoating?
Anyone here do any wood floor recaoting usine Bona or that Lamanator Plus? I am thinking of adding this service and want to see if its worth it.
We do wood floors from the simple stuff to full sanding, we use Basic Coatings products. It is only worth it if you charge enough for your time and materials compared to what you would make doing your normal services.

For us it is well worth the time and effort, this is due to us being mostly referred to our clients or doing additional work for existing clients thus allowing us to charge on the hirer end of the scale.
I'm also interested in learning more about this process. How large is the learning curve David? I'm only interested in doing a scrub and recoat (sandless) process. Is there a forum dedicated to this type of work or someplace to get a crash course? Also, what other equipment is necessary besides a rotary machine?
I would check out basic coatings site they may have videos on how to do it, as with anything the leaning curve depends on the person, if you have coated floors before your learning curve maybe low. The most specialized the equipment is lower the curve.

If you go to Basic Coatings Site and still have questions email me, we have been doing this for about 10 years and perfected out process before we know Basic coatings had a similar systems already built.
Thanks for your assistance David. I'm going to start watching some of the videos over there, but I may pick your brain a bit via email if you don't mind. Are you using the dirt dragon by chance?
We use a similar machine but not the Dirt Dragon, we will be getting one when we need another machine though. feel free to email