• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Frustrating Cimex Repair
These suckers won't budge! Any suggestions?
thanks

Attached Files Image(s)

I want them off so I can install new bearings. So to be clear, they do spin but we just can get them off Smile
Call Rodney at Excellent. I am sure he can help you!
Call a Expert guy who can definitely help you!
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Yes, some can be very stubborn Angry  and I have had some on so tight that the brush pulley gets bent out of shape and needs replaced. Use Lots of heat on that center brass spindle and protect the threads and spout of that brass spindle as you clamp down on that pulley. 
Call me at the office if you need more technical assistance.
Rod Clarkin
Excellent Supply 727-821-2020 
how easy should this pop off?  Angry Sad Dodgy

Attached Files Image(s)

not giving up

Attached Files Image(s)

Sad grrrrrrrrrrrr

Attached Files Image(s)

I feel your pain! I have tried a number of methods and finally came up with this one that really works....We use this beefy puller for that stubborn center pulley. Use lots of heat to help free it up and protect those center motor shaft threads by  screwing the center bolt back in without the washer so when you crank down on that puller bolt, it doesn't damage the threads. Feel free to call me at the office if you need any more assistance. 

Here is a link to a comparable puller that you can purchase for that task.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Powerbuilt-Power-Steering-Pulley-Puller-648460/203120575?cm_mmc=Shopping%7CVF%7CG%7C0%7CG-VF-PLA%7C&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqqHwqfuL1wIVQ0SGCh3aoAQaEAYYBSABEgI-OvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CO2Qx677i9cCFQvZwAodTI0DAg
Rod Clarkin
Excellent Supply 727-821-2020