• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Used Cimex...
(10-23-2017, 04:51 AM)Lounge Lizards Wrote: Bernd, I got my original wheels & tyres from a shop for disabled people.

Whatever size you decide on, you may have to take them to a machine shop and have the centres reamed out slightly to fit on the axle.

The centres on mine only needed about 1,000 of an inch taken off to make a snug fit.

DON'T try this yourself, because unless your wheel is sitting tightly in a jig, you might drill off-centre, then the wheels will wobble as you move along.

Here's my original against the Cimex.

Looks great! What size are those new wheels, Shorty?
I have read to do a moderate fast wet pass...and a slower dry cleaning pass with the cimex. Only on the slower cleaning pass you should see a light foaming. My question is how will i notice on a longer wet pass if i lay down to much or not enough solution?

Or should i walk on the wet pass a bit slower to see a light foaming (less than on the cleaning pass) as my indicator that i use enough solution?

I have to do a hotel on monday night and will use the cimex and need fast drying times and a good hourly production and don't want to over wet the carpets.
Kenny Wright my wheels are XXL. Big Grin   Tongue 

Actually, they're 12&1/2" x 2&1/4"

I like them because I'm only 5'6&1/2" in my high heels & also because I've never tried any other size.

+ they're like our economy, --- inflated. Dodgy 

PS:::: They're NOT new wheels, I've been using these for well over a decade now, 2nd set.

Cool
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........
[Image: Many_008.jpg]
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Shorty. The man who introduced the Big Wheel concept to the world.
Takes a short guy down under to come up with such a wild idea. Wink
Thank you Shorty!
Shorty, the man who brought the concept of the Cimex big wheels to the world.
Took a short guy from down under to hatch this one. Wink
Thanks Shorty!
I am using more and more the Cimex and i am realy excited about this machine!!! Used it on saturday on a 7500 sq fts commercial job. 20 years old cgd...very dirty and heavy spots....

I prefer to trigger the solution to get the right amount of it and i use less solution than with my orbot, approximately 1 gallone rtu on 450 - 500 sq fts. Used the Fiber plus pads and they last a very long time. Next Time will try the maxi pads...

We did empty office rooms and some hallways and had to use the orbot only on the very dirty areas to absorb some of the soil.

The cimex scrubbed like a beast through traffic lanes and spots with DS2 at 5 oz. Didn't use any moisture on the spots...only scrubbed with the wet pads. Worked fantastic.

Here are some pictures. You can see that the carpet normally had to be replaced...

[Image: c42109a3a1eef3c72d7941e27bd4483e.jpg][Image: f9842474560ec331a9fc9aa00023c21a.jpg][Image: 35f2e768311c95b95779853899e6933b.jpg]
Bernd those are some EXCELLENT results. Good job my friend. I love to see a carpet get brought back from the grave. Jeep up the good work!
I recognize those "swirl" marks in the carpet... Cimex signature pattern! Great results. The Releasit Encap and Cimex combo is king when it comes to jobs like that.
Rod Clarkin
Excellent Supply 727-821-2020 
Great work Berndt. Keep it up mate.
Thanks for your kind words! I realy enjoy to work with the Cimex.  The real estate agency called me for a new Job. They were realy satisfied with the results. Till now i loved the Orbot...but the Cimex seems for this kind of restauration cleaning the better choice.- followed by the Orbot with a microfiber Pad.