• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vechicles
Whats the smallest van/vechicle would you use just for encapping?
  Reply   Purge Spammer
31 views & no answers??

Okay, I'll be a mug to try & get the ball rolling.

What equipment & how much that you intend carrying is what will determine your size van.

I know of many that use a VERY small van just for one or two people.

Here's a couple of pics for comparison.

[attachment=356]

Attached Files Image(s)

I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........
A view of mine from the rear.

This is a Toyota Hi Ace van.

I can drive into underground car parks less than 6'6" high with ease.

Hope this helps.

I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........
I drive a VW Caddy. It has enough space for the Orbot, Cimex and the other stuff like Vaccum, spotting machine...

[Image: 5fffa7e691f7a1b4e1dfa949f14aeaa6.jpg]
I like your VW Bernd. Unfortunately they don't import that model into the US.
I had been using a pickup truck pulling a trailer for 8 years.  I looked at all the smaller work vans and just keep going back to the thought that they were too small.  So I decided to get a Ford Transit.  VERY glad I did.  I have some extra room ( I can carry my golf clubs with me all the time)  and I think it looks good.  Yeah mileage kinda sucks at 15 MPG but that's a lot of city driving.

[Image: rsz_van0025.jpg]
Hey Barry,
I really like the Transit vans. 
And yours looks great.
The green "pops".

By the way, do you carry that color through your other marketing, website, etc?
By the way, here's the "full size" view of the van image you posted.

[Image: rsz_van0025.jpg]

This is how an image appears using the method of posting where you (1) upload directly to Postimage.org, (2) copy the direct link, (3) and paste it using the image icon on the EncapBoard. That method allows you to post a larger image.
(10-26-2017, 07:25 AM)encapman Wrote: Hey Barry,
I really like the Transit vans. 
And yours looks great.
The green "pops".

By the way, do you carry that color through your other marketing, website, etc?

Yes I use the same Lime Green color for postcards, biz cards, refrigerator magnets, most of my work shirts, a bit of it in my website (Too much Lime green on the website didnt look good!) No one can say they didn't notice my van.

Quick Story - Back when I was a ChemDry franchisee and BEFORE they came out with rules on vehicles/signage I tried to talk them into having all CD vans be green. (I knew they were getting ready to come out with vehicle/signage compliance rules.) I had 2 vans at the time, 1 green, 1 white. I argued how the green stands out. But ultimately they chose WHITE, mostly because work vans come from the dealership white and they were trying to make it easier for owners to bring vans into compliance. This was in the days before wraps were popular and just vinyl lettering was the method to use and they didn't think franchisee would be too happy about the cost of paint jobs. I personally think they made a mistake - look at Stanley Steemer.
I like the idea of having a color that stands out. Smart marketing! Smile

Colors identify a brand. Coca Cola red, the Golden Arches, Nickelodeon orange, Stanley Steamer yellow, etc.

Have a look at this article... http://www.businessinsider.com/colors-th...ked-2012-9#
(10-26-2017, 04:38 PM)encapman Wrote: I like the idea of having a color that stands out.  Smart marketing! Smile

Colors identify a brand. Coca Cola red, the Golden Arches, Nickelodeon orange, Stanley Steamer yellow, etc.

Have a look at this article... http://www.businessinsider.com/colors-th...ked-2012-9#

I have no idea why so many companies (other than the fact it's costly to color change the factory white vehicle) use white van/trucks/cars. Look at the other side of the road at the vehicles coming at you. Just scan and see what ones catch your eye. It won't be the white ones.

Another thing I really think is important on work vehicles is #1) Be able to tell what kind of work/service the vehicle represents - - and #2) Is the contact info easy to see and read. I see so many vehicles with fancy pictures and graphics that you can't figure out what they do and the phone number is hard to see or find.

I think my van covers those 2 items.