• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Non paying customer
Smart Little Girl!!!!!
Hi
I always say you can learn from lots of thing in life. I'm not having a go at you. I have had this happen to me a number of times [customers not paying] on large amounts.

But YOU setup the job to fail.

To illustrate: If you would like them to paid you COD, make it easy for them. If the job is $500.00 that is your price. Say to them the price $690.00 our best price, but if you are going to pay COD or [payment the same day] your get Discount Price of $550.00, if you get regular month service work of them, every 12 month that month is FREE. You put the amounts in that fits the job. But if they don't pay COD or PSD you charge the $690.00. If when looking the job over you feel that this person maybe a problem account i just up the best price from $690.00 to $899.00.

Set the job up so you are going to win, it may not work all the time but it will work better. Also you will be surprised at how fast they find the cheque book or cash.

just my 2 cents
take care mate,
Alan Bethel
  Reply   Purge Spammer
I like it Alan, but just remember these were his terms I was working with and I even did the cod discount and he agreed. But I do like your idea for larger jobs. This one is just a flash in the pan.
I agree with Derek, you gotta give them 30 days. Most businesses are used to that. However, next time when you do the job just make sure up front the money or check is there or don't clean it. Definitely wouldn't clean it this month until you get paid for December.