• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Goals for 2018
So what are your business goals for 2018? What's in the pipeline?

More commercial? More encap work? Less time on the truck and more time doing biz dev work?
Good theme! I plan on doing more commercial work.

Have had a good year but would like to get more work during the week cause most commercial jobs are on the weekend.

Learned a lot the last year and would like to give up some work to a full time employee for weekend work.

Gesendet von meinem SM-A320FL mit Tapatalk
More commercial is a great goal!

How are you planning to target your new accounts?

And by the way, you're in Germany; what types of accounts are you mostly focusing on?
I'm assuming you mean my business goals for 2018.  I doubt anyone wants to hear about my weight loss goals, needed projects around the house, etc.

I spent 1994 to 2008 in the ChemDry system.  Re-started as an independent in mid 2009.  Best year income wise since the re-start is 2013.  Then for some reason sales dipped 12% in 2014 and 12% in 2015.  Sales then  increased 20% in 2016 and around 15% in 2017.  However the numbers work out percentage-wise 2017 was just a few hundred less than 2013

So I'm hopin to maintain the 15% growth in 2018.   Trying out EDDM this year while maintaining my FB/Yelp/Website/Repeat customer postcards/reminder calls  - - marketing efforts.

I'm like 98% residential carpet cleaning.  I also do tile and upholstery. If I had my druthers I'd just do carpet cleaning.  Although I can most of the time make slightly more per hour doing tile or upholstery, at my age I'm happy with my $PH carpet cleaning rate, and it's just sooooo easy and kickback to do carpet cleaning.

No major equipment purchases planned.  Got a new van last year.

Here's hoping it all goes as planned!
Onya Barry, & also for your weight loss, I'm trying to lose more weight, but I seem to find the weight that others lose.

Guess I'm a picker upper, & not such a loser after all. Wink

On the biz; side, here's an upset.

I'm looking at getting out of carpet & upholstery cleaning within the next two years. Huh

I want to do this before I turn 75.

Our area has had a significant downturn in overall work in the last 7 years with many bankruptcies.

Many tradespeople such as builders, plumber, electricians, etc; have left the area.

The bottom of the barrel low-ball carpet cleaners have moved into town from down south to make a killing.

They're welcome to it.

However, we do have plans in store for a much smaller business which will include carpet work such as stains, etc; as well as leather cleaning, etc;

Intentions are a three day work week & many long weekends + travel

Cool
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........
I'm 61 and still in relatively decent shape - Thank goodness! I have no intentions of growing into a multiple truck biz. Been there/Done that. My wife is 9 years younger than me and plans on working until at least 62. I'll work as long as she does - actually longer, I don't see myself stopping until I can't physically do it. I do see myself slowing down eventually to perhaps 1-2 jobs a day maybe 2-3-4 days a week.

Like you, I'm in a very economically challenged area. ( a county in Southern California.) This area has been at or near the bottom economically for all the things they measure the economy by for over a decade now. This county has not enjoyed whatever upturn the country has had over the past few years. It certainly does affect business in many ways.

That's my retirement plan - unless of course I win the lottery. Then everything is WAYYYY different!!
I like your goals Shorty. At 73 the fact that you're still going in business is encouraging to all of us. Trimming back some sounds like a natural fit. I'm sorry to hear about how your local economy has taken a hit. I hope you can slog your way through that. It sounds like you have a reasonable plan in place though to try to keep things simple. Simple is good. Smile

Barry your numbers look like you've been on a steady track. Nice! It seems reasonable that your numbers this year will continue on the same course. And you may even be able to shed a few pounds. Nancy and I have been tightening up our diets even further lately, going mostly vegan in fact. I'm liking the change, feeling good. But when I hop on the scale the numbers are the same. Wink
I like the K.I.S.S. principle.

Keep It Simple Stupid.

I fit the category well. ;-)

I wanted to follow in my mates footsteps, Ray (Rambo) Moody, who retired at 75, but is now back training others in McDonough, GA 30253

But I'm no trainer, I'se a worker.

I'd love to see what others have in their plans for the coming year.

Shortwun.
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........