• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cimex upgrade
I believe that one is only limited by one's imagination.

When I look at new (& my old) equipment, I constantly think of how i can improve these items.

This is my latest addition to my Big Yella.

Living in the tropics, much of my commercial work is done after hours and with NO AIR CONDITIONING ON.!!!! Dodgy 

So today, I saw & purchased, this Ryobi BATTERY OPERATED fan.

Battery will last up to 16 hours, &, if I am doing spot work, I can use it plugged into a GPO, (power outlet).

There is also another model which can mist water via the fan, but this cannot be used with the electricity supply, is larger & slightly heavier & I would also need to mount a 1/2 gallon water bottle on Big Yella, so not really suitable for me.

It is held on with a simply bungee cord, (color coded to match the tank), Wink which makes for K.I.S.S. removal when filling the solution tank.

Just ordered two x 18amp batteries & charger as they do not come with the fan.

Why two batteries?? so one can be on charge should I need it. Lord Baden Powell taught me "Be Prepared". Big Grin

Attached Files Image(s)

I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........
Other improvements that I have made to Big Yella include the following:

Removing small hard wheels & replacing with larger (12.5") pneumatic tires.

Cutting the fixed 50' lead to a "pigtail" & simply using the length of cable for the job at hand.

In Australia, the power supply lever was disconnected and a simple on / off switch installed which saves having to hold the trigger on at all times.

Installation of the aluminum cover with my website (time to get a new one made), that goes over the back and holds two spotter bottles, plus the safety box where the cables are clipped together, this is held secure on the solution tank with two self tapper screws.

I currently have an engineer working on some sheet metal to go under the solution tank that will support the tank over a broader area.

Never stop improving, never stop learning.

[Image: Cimex_Ryobi_2.jpg]
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
That's brilliant Shorty. I love the fan idea. It's a first. Smile
(01-05-2018, 11:36 PM)encapman Wrote: That's brilliant Shorty. I love the fan idea. It's a first. Smile

Thanks Rick, living in Florida and having been to Cairns, we know what warm weather is like. Big Grin
Well maybe not today in Florida...

[Image: cold.png]