• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When to change pads
i use to wait until the pad got pretty thin but it seems like the pads are kinda falling apart and leaving fuzz balls, do you change from job to job or wait until 
[Image: 20180123_100246.jpg]

pads get thin
  Reply   Purge Spammer
That's unusual. The FiberPlus pads normally hold up without fuzzing very much. Some fuzzing? Yes. But not excessive. What type of carpet were you working on? Heavy "fuzzing up" isn't normal. Can you contact us so we can try to sort out if there may be a problem with your batch of pads? Give us a call at your convenience. Rod, Carlos or I will be happy to try to determine if there's a failure with the batch you received. We sure don't want you to have less performance than you expect from the pads. 

A general rule of thumb is that the standard FiberPlus pads typically last about 7,000-10,000 sq ft when used on carpet. And it's a good practice to replace pads at about 1/4" thickness.
[Image: pad-measure-fp.jpg]
(01-24-2018, 07:25 AM)encapman Wrote: That's unusual. The FiberPlus pads normally hold up without fuzzing very much. Some fuzzing? Yes. But not excessive. What type of carpet were you working on? Heavy "fuzzing up" isn't normal. Can you contact us so we can try to sort out if there may be a problem with your batch of pads? Give us a call at your convenience. Rod, Carlos or I will be happy to try to determine if there's a failure with the batch you received. We sure don't want you to have less performance than you expect from the pads. 

A general rule of thumb is that the standard FiberPlus pads typically last about 7,000-10,000 sq ft when used on carpet. And it's a good practice to replace pads at about 1/4" thickness.
[Image: pad-measure-fp.jpg]
We get balls/pilling toward the center of fiber pads and they seem to get bigger & bigger, making the pad thin in the center.  Some time back I started carrying scissors to trim the balls/pills off the pads and now at least I have peace of mind that pads rather than balls/pills are scrubbing.  BTW, best scissors are the green handled ones angled like bandage scissors, about $4 at Harbor Freight.  Haven't noticed a difference between boxes of pads.
  Reply   Purge Spammer