• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cleaning up High?
Let's say that your looking at cleaning a building, 9 floors, with offices, apartments, etc.

You go into this building and the only floor you can do with your TM is the first floor. only true way up is the elevators.
Because of the building lay out you can not get to any stairs and the windows do not open.

How would you clean the hallways, there are 5 feet wide and 280 feet long, each floor, and how would you explain to managemant your cleaning process if ask?

That's all.
Cimex all the way. I virtually stopped using my truck mount after buying my Cimex.

I have been doing high rise buildings like this for well over a decade.

Twice a year, I do complete levels in Cairns Highest building, on levels 11 & 13, been doing the carpets for this client for about 14 years with the Cimex.

When I started, a carpet retailer recommended me BEFORE they replaced the carpet. After the demo, they got me in to do the lot.

The carpet still has not been replaced.

Other levels I clean when they become vacant.

I also do many small stores such as travel agent, jewellery, cafes, etc; inside shopping malls where truck mounts also cannot go.

Hope this helps.
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........
I agree with Shorty 100% "Cimex all the way." There's no reason to think twice about it. It's the kind of thing the Cimex / Releasit system was made for.

When I started with the encap process - NO ONE was doing it. Through trial and error I learned how to make it work. And I found that it was perfect for the mall work we were doing a lot of at the time.You can't run hoses into the malls. But encap worked great. Wicking problems were fixed. Less headaches all the way around. We could clean fast enough to make a solid profit, even on the low paying mall work. And the carpet looked better than when we were doing HWE. Everyone was happy - the store management - and us. Then I shared my secrets with the industry, and encap gradually grew to where it is today.

Give a GOOD encap system a try. You may find, like many of us have, that your HWE can be significantly reduced (and in some cases eliminated) without compromising the quality. In fact the carpet may even look better than it did with HWE. In fact I'm certain that you'll like the results.
low moisture for sure.
I use an op with bonnets. load everything including pre-mixed solution in 5 gallon gas containers, tubs with my bonnets, onto a platform dolly I got for this purpose. Put the solution down with an IPS sprayer. Do not have to do it too often.
I have found that often, when doing common areas that there is no where to obtain water., which is why I bring it in, pre-mixed.
Of course I agree with all the above. Primarily, I do mostly commercial since I’m a building service contractor #janitortoo. It doesn’t matter if it’s up high or way across, there are always those occasions that yours, or my truckmount isn’t feasible, or that hoses aren’t. But, if I need a porty, I use them. And when I do, I like to use Encap Punch. Like most say on every board, they’re just another tool for the occasion. Also, I believe I’m gonna take advantage of the Cimex offer coming up.
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Kenny Hayes, JUST DO IT.

You'll never, ever, regret it.

I took it up well over a decade ago & have never looked back.

As mentioned earlier, I still service many clients that I got when I first started using the Cimex.

This, without a doubt, has been the very best Return On Investment I have ever made.

I started my first cleaning business in 1971.

Next week I turn 73 &, failing any medical problem, I'm going to keep on working "Big Yella" for some time yet.

Cleaning with the Cimex is more of a hobby than work for me.

Wish you all the best young fella.

Cool

Attached Files Image(s)

I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
(03-01-2018, 05:16 PM)Lounge Lizards Wrote: Cimex all the way.  I virtually stopped using my truck mount after buying my Cimex.

I have been doing high rise buildings like this for well over a decade.

Twice a year, I do complete levels in Cairns Highest building, on levels 11 & 13, been doing the carpets for this client for about 14 years with the Cimex.

When I started, a carpet retailer recommended me BEFORE they replaced the carpet. After the demo, they got me in to do the lot.

The carpet still has not been replaced.

Other levels I clean when they become vacant.

I also do many small stores such as travel agent, jewellery, cafes, etc; inside shopping malls where truck mounts also cannot go.

Hope this helps.

I know the Cimex is a great tool. And with good chems does wonders.

I have just always wondered about the weak link in this. The day to day maint handled by others, and out of your control.

Did you need to educate them on the necessity of good vacuuming day to day.? We all know it ususlly does not get done adequately.
Many times they cannot, or will not, change their ways to suit you.
Most janitors are of the "splash 'n dash" mentality & their equipment reflects that.

Most importantly, ensure that YOU vacuum slowly with a good vacuum cleaner, or even a CRB (preferably) if possible.

Pre-vacuuming, (to me), is the most important step in this system, apart from attention to spots.

Gotta go, got a Chirpractors surgery to do, been doing this for four years now.

He refuses to use anyone else, he's a Canadian. ;-)

Shortwun.
That picture of us in Vegas is a classic Shorty! Smile
Shorty, holy smokes, I didn’t mean to imply I was getting my first Cimex. I think i’ll
Be adding another Cimex mate Shy  Lordy, I do a lot of mexing. I take care of 4 churches and 3 schools yr. round. I can use another Cimex with the one I have.
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Sorry Kenny, my mistake. Rolleyes

Blame me. Blush 

We see things differently down under. Big Grin 

Even Rick don't understand me most of the time. Wink

Cheers Buddy.

Cool