• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carpet Cleaners, a question on urine & vomit.
What PRODUCT & SYSTEM / TOOLS, have you found most successful for FRESH, LIGHT, urine & vomit removal??

IE; Just yesterday.

Via:

Extraction?

Bonneting?

System: Extraction & Bonneting?

This is for recent problems on light to moderate episodes where the sub floor has not been affected, and the pad/underlay only lightly affected.
  Reply   Purge Spammer
I don't think you can go wrong with this advice from the "Encapman"....

"1. Hot water extraction using Encap-HydrOx.
2. Apply Odorcide.
The HIGH potency of Encap-HydrOx's hydrogen peroxide will wipe out the odor causing problem. Its LOW pH is also effective in dealing with urine stains.
Pre-treat with a strong mixture Encap-HydrOx.
Allow 10 minutes of dwell time.
Rinse with HWE, using Encap-HydrOx as your extraction detergent.
Follow-up with an application of Odorcide. You can also mix it right in with your rinse detergent."

A small spot extractor like the "Gecko" is easy to use and will get the job done.
https://www.excellent-supply.com/Gecko-S...p_249.html
Rod Clarkin
Excellent Supply 727-821-2020 
I think it probably depends on the severity of the contamination. A lot of variables there.

I prefer to use an extractor , but, I have done a few using just VLM. But in reality in this scenario it is not VLM. For just a few spots, areas, I have applied the chemical really heavy and then blotted , and done it repeatedly. Using bonnets that are absorbant. MY bunch of old glads are great for this. Sometimes I do not apply my chemical on the spot, but begin by pouring it around the perimeter first, a few times.
I just keep it up until I don't thnk I am improving any more. ( grosses people out, but I stick my nose down there)
To clean vomit out of carpet, start by picking as much of th vomit as you can with paper towels. Then cover the remaining stain with baking soda and let it sit for 10 minutes.

Carpet Cleaning Kamloops
  Reply   Purge Spammer
As Rick J mentioned above... I also prefer to use an extractor. For very light contamination you could maybe (MAYBE) absorb & blot and use a VLM method. But that's really not the best option. Flushing as much of the contaminant out of the carpet as possible is ideally the best approach. 

As Rodney mentioned above...
1. Hot water extraction using Encap-HydrOx.
2. Apply Odorcide.
The HIGH potency of Encap-HydrOx's hydrogen peroxide will wipe out the odor causing problem. Its LOW pH is also effective in dealing with urine stains.
  • Pre-treat with a strong mixture Encap-HydrOx. - Allow 10 minutes of dwell time. 
  • Rinse with HWE, using Encap-HydrOx as your extraction detergent.
  • Follow-up with an application of Odorcide. You can also mix it right in with your rinse detergent.
A small spot extractor like the "Gecko" is easy to use and will get the job done.
https://www.excellent-supply.com/Gecko-S...p_249.html
It truly depends on the severity of the contamination and the carpet's fabric. If there is a pet urine problem and the liquid didn't have the chance to penetrate into the fabric, then any type of enzymatic cleaner can do the trick. In case the stain has been there for a while, then the hot water extraction method should do the trick.

[Edit by admin: Removed link that wasn't relevant to the post.]
  Reply   Purge Spammer