• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maintenance for 10" CRB
Hi Rick,

I was going to email this question to you but then I thought others might want to know too so I'll post it here.

I bought a 10" CRB thru you back in Oct 2015.  Everything works good.  A little loosey-goosey with the handle attachment but I fixed that.  What I was wondering that now 2.5 years have gone by should I be doing some type of maintenance on the machine?  Greasing gears or anything like that?

Right now all I do is remove the brushes and wipe down the bottom of the machine, getting the gunk off, and then I spray a white lithium spray on the outside of the gear housing - both sides, and along the drive pins, and that's pretty much it.

Thanks!
Barry
Quick Dry Carpet Cleaning-Inland Empire

www.QDcarpetcleaning.com
Barry, sounds like you have a good routine for wiping down your Brushencap CRB machine. That could be part of the reason you have had no maintenance issues in 2.5 years!

You could take off the gear box side housing and inspect and lightly lube the gears from time to time, but doing a daily removal/cleaning of brushes and axles and wiping down the outside and inner trays each day with Wd-40 or light lube is the real key to keeping it in good condition.

[Image: IMG_0400.jpg][Image: IMG_0402.jpg]

Keep it up and you will avoid what I found doing a recent customer repair...
NOW THAT IS NEGLECT!
Rod Clarkin
Excellent Supply 727-821-2020