• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using Bonnets with Cimex- What is your evaluation?
Thoughts on a Sunday- Can't wait for work on monday........

I have read a few threads regarding the use of bonnets with Cimex- looking for a bit more info-

What are the pros and cons of the thin Tuway pads - is anyone using for residential cleaning??

What about the thicker cotton pad? do they tend to absorb more or are they just more trouble?

Thoughts on using beige fibre pads followed by the cloth with the Cimex alone for a deeper and more effective cleaning. Thoughts?

I know many encappers employ the Orbot or other OP flavor, just looking to glean Cimex info.

I have found bits and pieces of info on pads, just would like more of a hands-on consensus, I really have an interest using Cimex for possibly more light residential work when HWE requires too long of hose runs.
Hoping to get some experienced cleaners to elaborate on their experience with
cotton or cloth style pads....

I am loving the unit on quickie area rug cleaning, no more TM sucking and sloshing them around.
The Thin-One bonnets are useful for pulling-off/extracting a little additional soil following normal encap cleaning. But I believe the small 8" bonnets are too small to be used as a stand alone bonnet cleaning method.

But here's a little trick you can do with the bonnets... If you have a highly soiled area you, can first clean it like normal with the Cimex using FiberPlus pads. But to make a really trashed section pop, you can then switch out the FP pads and put on a set of Thin-One bonnets. Now run over the hammered section again with the bonnets. That extra step can make a nice improvement on a really bad section of carpet.
Thanks for the answer Rick, I would figure a second pass with the cloth pads being beneficial to the process, But would the thicker absorbent cotton bonnets not sold by Excellent Supply have any merit in picking up a little more soil or would they be counterproductive on the Cimex encapping. I would think if they would expand the cleaning possibilities of the Cimex that Excellent would probably stock them.
Thicker bonnets won't stay attached to the drivers. The Cimex is a mean scrubbing machine.
Understood- thanks I will try the pads soon as well as invest in a set of brushes.
Personally I own a set of brushes and they almost never get used and when we do use them we always end up going back to pads. We even clean oriental rugs with the pads and have for years, never had a problem. As for as the bonnets we have 12 of the cotton ones. We use them as Rick stated above and they work great.
Interesting- do you do any tile or floor cleaning with cotton pads?
No we don't use cotton bonnets to clean tile. We actually don't use the Cimex to clean tile. We just use our TM and tile machine. However, alot of guys on here use the Cimex on tile with great results.
We use the brushes for large tile areas pre scrubbing and then tm using the turbo for rinse extract. We also use the brushes for pre scrubbing restaurant pre spray. I feel pad capping with the cimex would take alot of pads versus a 175 floor machine with larger pads. Peter B.Tongue