• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you use odorcide?
Trying to get rid of wet dog smell. Cleaned carpet using hos orbot. I included some odorcide to the hydrox. Customers saying smell is back. Should I mist odorcide after cleaning and let it dry into the carpet?
(05-22-2018, 09:06 PM)KC-Chris Wrote: Trying to get rid of wet dog smell. Cleaned carpet using hos orbot. I included some odorcide to the hydrox. Customers saying smell is back. Should I mist odorcide after cleaning and let it dry into the carpet?

Spraying another application of Odorcide directly onto the carpet at the full diluted rate should help resolve the odor. But keep in mind if the home has "dog smell" in it - the home has "dog smell" in it. The scent may have saturated other surfaces in the home as well as the carpet. That's when "fogging" might also be required. The smell could have also penetrated down to the padding and the flooring underneath the carpet. In other words, it's possible that you may be fighting a losing battle. But Odorcide is a very strong line of defense against odors. It's a unique product that's highly effective on all types of malodors. So I think another complete application of Odorcide may just do the trick.
Thanks for the tip! I just ordered some more Odorcide and will call the customer to come back out. Thank you.
I had a vacant a while back. Was very bad. Never did solve the problem. I had access for a while, so I kept attempting things so in the future I would have the answer.
Several cleanaings . Following advice offered in several places. Thourough vacing. HWEed . Using Cides. Orange boosters rotary extraction
I even cleaned it using high end upholstery shampoo. Thinking the doggy oils/dander may be like our body oils and might respond better. NOT

fogging ---thermal (for ductwork) - Wet, both under carpet (it had pet pad) . I pulled the carpet back as much as I could and hit it heavy with wet fogger, and also used a snail fan to float ot and disperse a goodly amount . and on top after reinstllig.
Still hit you in the face when entering after being shut up.

Same time frame , A rental home , very upscale. All looked like new, Carpet did not look lived on. As if just installed. BUT, ylu guessed it . Dirty dog smell. Definely not urine contamilated. Thermal fogged that one as well. But I dion't think it did much good.
(05-22-2018, 10:43 PM)encapman Wrote:
(05-22-2018, 09:06 PM)KC-Chris Wrote: Trying to get rid of wet dog smell. Cleaned carpet using hos orbot. I included some odorcide to the hydrox. Customers saying smell is back. Should I mist odorcide after cleaning and let it dry into the carpet?

Spraying another application of Odorcide directly onto the carpet at the full diluted rate should help resolve the odor. But keep in mind if the home has "dog smell" in it - the home has "dog smell" in it. The scent may have saturated other surfaces in the home as well as the carpet. That's when "fogging" might also be required. The smell could have also penetrated down to the padding and the flooring underneath the carpet. In other words, it's possible that you may be fighting a losing battle. But Odorcide is a very strong line of defense against odors. It's a unique product that's highly effective on all types of malodors. So I think another complete application of Odorcide may just do the trick.

*UPDATE* So I applied another application of Odorcide at full dilution and it made a huge difference. The owner has a very sensitive nose and still claims to smell the wet dog/animal smell...although the other members of the family not so much. The other issue about his finished basement is that the humidity levels are very high. They are running a dehumidifier and its collecting a few gallons of water every 12 hours or so. Does the high humidity play a role in the smell? With that high of humidity, should he remove the carpet and replace with vinyl or tile? Does anyone have any advice or experience with high humidity houses and getting rid of smells? Thanks all!
One part of your previous answer/question.

"The owner has a very sensitive nose and still claims to smell the wet dog/animal smell...although the other members of the family not so much."

This is not uncommon, when we did fire/smoke damage restoration, many times the assessor would come in and say, "smells great, no smoke at all"

Then the insured would come in & invariably, one would say, "I can still smell the smoke".

We used to call it, "Psychological odor".

Where one person could smell it but no one else could.

Maybe they just had a very acute sense of smell that no one else had. ??

Regarding high humidity, yes, this means that there is moisture in the air which could be absorbed into any remaining solids/oils from the dog, and, like urine, off-gas into the air once more, giving that pungent odor.

Cool
I don't regret my past, I just regret the times I've wasted with the wrong people.
Take me as I am, or watch me as I go.
I'll retire when I can no longer do what I love, or I no longer love what I can do.
Stop moving, start dying........