• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IICRC Commercial carpet training
An IICRC registered company near us is having a 2 day "commercial carpet maintenance technician course" and exam to be IICRC certified. http://iicrc.org/education-certification...-schedule/

Has anyone completed a class/exam like this and found it beneficial?

Thanks,
Rich
  Reply   Purge Spammer
I took their course years ago and would love to go again- I had a wonderful instructor and learned a little chemistry, about the chems, identifying carpet and upholstery fibers for proper cleaning. things change but I believe education is paramount for credibility and confidence to be a better professional.

PS- we even had a dry clean guy in our group- the TM guys hated him. That's life....
I found the class to have some value; much of it is the same as the CCT certification. The commercial class gets you thinking more heavily about use of entrance mats and keeping dirt from entering the building in the first place, as well as using maintenance programs. You learn a little from every class, either from the class itself or fellow attendees, hopefully both!
Thanks guys. I took the class and learned quite a few things. And way more than I cared to know about all the construction types and dye methods. Lol

The nice thing is that my instructor actually prefers Cimex and encap!

I dont have proof, but heard CRI is retesting to include low moisture/Cimex!

Rich
BMS Cleaning
  Reply   Purge Spammer
I heard that Joey is a pretty good instructor??
Knowledge is powerful.
(01-25-2013, 09:34 PM)Cairnswun Wrote: I heard that Joey is a pretty good instructor??

He is very good. He has a very enthusiastic way of teaching, using many illustrations. One thing I really appreciated is that he helps you to understand WHY to do something, not just the way to do it.
  Reply   Purge Spammer