• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lindhaus RX 450 I finally love it.
I cleaned a small office area at a large kitchen cabinet company last week. It was only 2,300 ft but nasty. (It was the same office I cleaned last year and won the Picture of the month.) I prevacuumed the area using the Lindhaus. Nothing special here except I pulled two full bags out of the carpet. I presprayed the areas as I went with Punch using my Penquin sprayer. I used the original DS with my Cimex running the gray pads. There is a lot of black powder coming in from the production floor. I believe it is rubber from the fork lifts and carbide and steel from a saw sharpening station. Anyway I cleaned the carpet like normal and it improved but was not that good looking. This time the customer wanted me to do the post vacuuming. I came in a couple days later with my modified Lindhaus. The original brush is very soft, too soft in my opinion. I ordered a stiffer brush from Excellent supply. With the high spin rate and stiffer brush the post vacuuming really knocked off the encapsulated dirt. I took my time and went over everything front to back, side to side and both ways diagal. The "Host" vacuuming method. The Lindhaus with the stiff brush dug out another two full bags of encapsulated dirt that looked like copy machine toner. That's four bags total out of 2,300 ft. The carpets looked great after the post vacuuming. If you own a Lindhaus and it lets you down. I suggest you get one of the stiff brushes. It made a believer out of me and I went from liking this vacuum to loving it. I think I have the customer talked into quarterly cleaning at this point. Once a year is not enough for this office. Hopefully I can get into their large corporate office and showrooms down the road.
  Reply   Purge Spammer
There's something to be said about 5,000+ rpm brush roller speed, as opposed to 3,500 rpm on some comparable vacuums like the Windsor Versamatic.

I'm glad to hear that you're loving your Lindhaus!
Lindhaus is a beast, but what about the brush? Is there a different type of brush for it than the standard? I know I was blown away when I finally replaced my brush. It wears down so slowly you don't notice the decreasing performance.
Have you used it on residential?

If so, how did it do?
Great for resi or commercial.
Have you - or anyone else - used it to post vac resi when doing VLM?

I have to use a Reliavac specifically for this task because it does not clog.

Any clogging issues with the Lindhaus?

(01-12-2013, 09:42 PM)BobF Wrote: Great for resi or commercial.
Been using Lindhaus for about 8 years now. Their 2 motor uprights are good machines. I use RX450 Hepa and Dynamic 450E.

Ken Jacobs
http://weteachcarpetcleaning.com/
(01-10-2013, 11:38 PM)BobF Wrote: Lindhaus is a beast, but what about the brush? [undefined=undefined] Is there a different type of brush for it than the standard? [/undefined] I know I was blown away when I finally replaced my brush. It wears down so slowly you don't notice the decreasing performance.

Bob, have another read of the first post:

" The original brush is very soft, too soft in my opinion. I ordered a stiffer brush from Excellent supply".

Wink