• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cimex improvement
Ok I've had my cimex for a couple of months now. I've been cleaning carpets with a truck-mount for 23 years now (prochem Everest 650hp right now- great machine!). Mostly I clean vacant rentals (70%) with the remaining residential and a few commercial. Probably using the cimex on 40% of my jobs now. I love the wheel kit- makes stairs easier to navigate, however it would be great it there was a kit to be able to remove the solution tank and carry it separately. This would shave probably 40 lbs of weight. What do you think Rick?
  Reply   Purge Spammer
The solution tank only weighs a few pounds. I'm not sure it would lower the weight very much. Certainly not 40 pounds. Unless you're talking about a full tank. If you run the tank just about empty at the end of each job it makes it easier to load the machine into your vehicle. And a ramp is also a good idea - we highly recommend it. http://www.excellent-supply.com/Link-Ram...p_325.html
Well yes I do mean when there is solution in it. Sometimes I don't use it all on a job and other times the water source is downstairs.
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Gebb,

What we do when the water source is downstairs is we carry a five gallon bucket with us. Then just go fill the bucket up and carry it up the stairs. This also works well when you roll up on a large job and you know you will need more than one bucket. Fill up the Cimex tank and then carry another bucket with you. This will lessen your down time. Then at the end of the job take and drain your Cimex tank into the five gallon bucket. To do this we usually set the Cimex at the top of the stairs, pull the hose and have the bucket on the first step so it is a little lower.

Hope this helps.
You can also buy a set of different connectors for a short hose, say about 6' long.

They have quick release so you can change fittings quickly from laundry tub, to kitchen faucet, to shower, etc.

USUALLY upstairs apartments have at least one water outlet.

Make sure there is a minimum amount of water in your solution tank then add the required amount of Releasit.

When you get upstairs, stick the water in, simple.
Thanks... I do that too. Just was thinking of something faster.
  Reply   Purge Spammer
I had gone through the posts. One of my friend searching for the fastest Cimex improvement. What are the measures should we follow while doing cimex improvement? Can you provide which is best method for providing more details about it. Any kind of information about cimex improvements is greatly accepted.

Flood Damage

Carpet Cleaning
Vansmin, not sure really what your question is, but here goes.

Improvements I have made to my Big Yella that make it easier for me.

BIg Boy wheels kit.

These are larger than normal wheels that make it so much easier to take up and down stairs, also allow you to go over soft or uneven ground/objects easier.

I cut the 50' long lead, made a pigtail, then just add correct length extension leads as I need them.

As I do many lift lobbies that are less than 20' long, why have 50' of cable on the floor when a much shorter length is safer & easier to manage.??

I also added an aluminum name plate that goes over the solution tank and at the rear, has two small receptacles that each hold a trigger spray bottle, one solvent based, the other has "Punch" in it.

Here's a few pics to give you an idea.

Mex; & Sprayborg

[Image: CimexandSprayborg.jpg]

Front sign & opening to fill solution tank.

[Image: ShaneWatersParonella044.jpg]

Showing receptacles for spotters, also red box connects my cables, stops them from coming apart, and protects from any moisture should it be raining, etc;

[Image: ShaneWatersParonella043.jpg]

Showing size of wheels

[Image: 2008_0118WaterdamageJulie0032.jpg]

Hope this is what you wanted and helps.

Wink
Very cool!!!!!
Pretty sure the best improvement for vansmin would be a more effective SPAM filter...
Cairnswun just curious if u improvised with those 10" wheels vs cimex wheel kit? Do you recall what size axle and also are those end cap retainers reuse able? I have some 10" wheels off a old portable I would like to use... Thanks so much
Rob,

Shorty came up with the large wheels first. He posted a photo of it here a long time ago, and that's where we got the idea to develop the Big Boy Wheel Kit. In Shorty's case, he's using the stock zinc axle. We went with replacing the axle with a stainless steel axle - which adds an extra benefit by avoiding the corrosion and binding that occurs over the course of time where the T-Piece is attached to the axle. But all the credit for the larger wheels has to go to Shorty for thinking up the idea in the first place! Those blokes down under sure are slick... must be from all the blood rushing to their head on account of hanging upside down all day long. Wink
Blush Gee, ta Rick, I'se now too embarrassed to say anyting Blush

Rob, don't play around, get the kit from Rick, you'll be amazed at the vast improvement.

Rick, it's not the blood rushing to my head, as you know, gas sinks, and it's all that greenhouse gas and methane being dropped from great heights in the northern hemisphere onto me. Sad

Blush
Gentlemen, thank you for your response. I had remove 10 inch wheels and install a larger dia axle & 13" wheels along with larger casters. What a difference, so I understand the value of your kit especially adding the ss axle.
Rick,

I use a Dodge Ram C/V mini. It's basically a commercial mini van.

The back bumper is rounded all the way around. Could one of your ramps still work?

Also, what size would be best?

Thanks