• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orbot vs cimex
i know Excellent supply sells both machines can you tell me the pros and cons to both or one vs the other... i like the video i have seen on the orbot.. how it can be used to polish stone and strip vct tile and how it cleans tile and grout ... i also like that it can be folded and has a handle on the front for picking up... any thought? anyone own both ..
it all comes down to personal opinion. i own both and prefer the Cimex. i might use the Orbot once per year.

some might prefer the Orbot though.

for CGD the Cimex wins hands down for me.
ok but i am not just talking about carpet... the video that orbot has out says it can strip VCT tile with out any chemicals, and it shows it cleaning tile and dong a awesome job... is that true? and can that also be done with a cimex ?
I'm with Derek, own both and like the Cimex better.
CGD Cimex is a beast
Res I have no problem moving Cimex around and w using thin ones and some cotton pads you can pad cap to.
Orbot is a nice machine, but w owing one of each I just added another Cimex to the line up.

With the brushes on the Cimex and some additional weight I think it will do just as good of a job on T&G.
Never been a very big fan of how the Orbot or other machines clean T&G, best way for T&G IMO is good chem and a spinner w 800 to 1200 PSI.
95% of T&G we clean is commercial, more difficult than res IMO
  Reply   Purge Spammer
SSI when you guys clean tile an grout you just use the grout brush.. or do you have a machine... on huge jobs the grout brush can take some time to hit all those lines...
If I was to buy one it would be a Cimex. I have both though.

Dave
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Thanks Dave... can you guys tell me if you use this cimex machine for more than carpet cleaning and if so what do you use it for
We stripped over 40 large department stores and dozens of grocery stores with a Cimex (24") equipped with stripping brushes before we bought propane powered Aztec Sidewinders for this task. The Cimex machines worked great for this (except for the cord)...Undecided

Those old and abused Cimex machines were retired for years in our garage until we heard about Rick's juice and encapping.

We totally restored them (bearings, belts, wheels, fiberglass, rino-guard tank, sandblast and paint all metal, rewire.) and use them now exclusively for carpets. Well, I did scrub my deck with it and it turned out great.

Here are the before and after pics (again)
http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j423...to0090.jpg
http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j423...0065-1.jpg
http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j423...to0051.jpg
Nice job man!

How much did it cost to retro fit those machines? They look great!

Also, was that restaurant encap only or did you HWE as well?

I am shocked.

(01-23-2013, 02:50 AM)FloorCareMD Wrote: We stripped over 40 large department stores and dozens of grocery stores with a Cimex (24") equipped with stripping brushes before we bought propane powered Aztec Sidewinders for this task. The Cimex machines worked great for this (except for the cord)...Undecided

Those old and abused Cimex machines were retired for years in our garage until we heard about Rick's juice and encapping.

We totally restored them (bearings, belts, wheels, fiberglass, rino-guard tank, sandblast and paint all metal, rewire.) and use them now exclusively for carpets. Well, I did scrub my deck with it and it turned out great.

Here are the before and after pics (again)
http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j423...to0090.jpg
http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j423...0065-1.jpg
http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j423...to0051.jpg

Are you using heat when you do commercial tile and grout?

(01-22-2013, 06:48 PM)SSI Wrote: I'm with Derek, own both and like the Cimex better.
CGD Cimex is a beast
Res I have no problem moving Cimex around and w using thin ones and some cotton pads you can pad cap to.
Orbot is a nice machine, but w owing one of each I just added another Cimex to the line up.

With the brushes on the Cimex and some additional weight I think it will do just as good of a job on T&G.
Never been a very big fan of how the Orbot or other machines clean T&G, best way for T&G IMO is good chem and a spinner w 800 to 1200 PSI.
95% of T&G we clean is commercial, more difficult than res IMO

My perspective....

I own two Orbots. I think it does a great job in residential setting and works great in commercial.

However, without having ever used the Cimex and going only by what I've seen, I would wager that the Cimex is a superior commercial tool.

In fact, I might consider trading one of the Orbots for a Cimex here shortly.
Total was about $400.00 each, plus the cost of new pad drivers.
(01-22-2013, 06:44 PM)leofry@1966 Wrote: the video that orbot has out says it can strip VCT tile with out any chemicals

I know they claim that you can strip floors without chemicals. But if you have a heavy build-up it's unlikely you'll be satisfied with a "no chemical" strip job. If there's a build-up of old floor finish (possibly burnished) you will need copious amounts of fluid to dissolve the load of floor finish that's on the floor. In fact, why would you be stripping the floor if there wasn't a build-up? Idea The Orbot truly is a terrific machine! However I'm not sold on this particular aspect of their marketing.
Orbot vs cimex

Apples and oranges people......

maybe compare older cimex to newer cimex.

Putting the little green stripe bonnets on a cimex isn't padding in the traditional "pad machine " sense.

Rotary,cimex,OP.... I've encaped and padded with all of them with different results.

Again.. apples and oranges folks.
Well, I never owned a cimex, I have an orbot with the spray borg weight set and T&g brush I bought from Rick's store and I've got to say, I love this machine. It does everything I need it to do.

[quote='patrickm' pid='1401' dateline='1358986221']
Orbot vs cimex

Apples and oranges people......

maybe compare older cimex to newer cimex.

I'll take my older ones ...
I own 2 cimex"s purchased for commercial carpet cleaning ( 2 ) jobs different locations at the same time. Yes a large lobby tile and grout the cimex with brushes does the pre scub and the tubo with truck for the extraction rinse. I have never pad capped with a cimex.
Now own a orbot spray borg and luv it purchased for residential low moisture encap pad cleaning to me a cimex in a furnished home would be to frustrating moving it around and up stairways.
To me commercial carpet and tile ( pre scrub ) a cimex
residential low moisture carpet cleaning a sprayborg
Peter B.