• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orbot vs cimex
Well lets throw in one more machine, the Trinity
I have two Cimex, one Orbot and two Trinity.
Side note:
I cleaned a trashed apartment yesterday w the Cimex (what I had in the truck)
first pass w perox w hot knife kick and FP pads second with 100% cotton bonnets on Cimex. Manager was blown away.
Big thing you will notice w the Cimex is it will not get the edges like an op machine will.
One thing I really like about the Cimex in tight courters is the gravity feed straight down thru the head. With a sprayer tip on the front the have to pull the machine back much further to get your chem on the carpet, in some spots that gets tight.

Now to the Trinity, if you r doing primarily res carpet it will walk all over the Orbot.
It is faster, U will us less chem and have to pre treat less.
I have been blown away by what it will pop out of res carpet. Fiber damage, you would have to try to do it.
On the down side of the Trinity, I do not care for it on CGD, I feel the orbit size works against it self and tends to shake it apart. I have #7 and #13, so maybe this has been addressed.

What I use my Orbot for is spotting jobs during the day in commercial offices, people like the way it looks and is is almost silent.

JM2C
  Reply   Purge Spammer
One thing I dislike immensely about the Sprayborg, (or any machine that has pressurized jets for the application of solution), is simply that, the pressurized jet system.

For me, the Cimex with its gravity feed solution system is ideal.

With the others, jetting the solution out, puts small airborne globules into the air which is easily ingested.

That would be the most common complaint I get from consumers.

The solution odor is much more noticeable.

Especially with Asthmatics or those that suffer with respiratory problems.

It is also the reason why I rarely use my Sprayborg.

Using it continuously, I would be ingesting more product over a period of time than any client that may be in the vicinity for 3-4 cleans per year.

I think of my own health concerns before others, (I'm greedy in this respect).

IF there was a system that could allow the gravity feed for those machines using bonnets/towels, etc; I would be in seventh heaven.

Although not the perfect answer, I have recently purchased a battery operated pre-sprayer..

I'm hoping to get less pressure and larger globules closer to the floor to lessen the problems stated above.

I can't comment on the Trinity, etc; as we don't have them down under.
I have owned everything out there when it comes to low moisture cleaning.

Orbitec OP
Old blue CCS machine
CCS Easy Glide
Von Schrader
2 Challengers(still have them)
Yellow HOS aka Vento
2 Orbots with Spray Borg (still have them. One 4 years old and one 5 months old)
2 Cimex(sold one after 5 years and immediately got another new one which I still have)
2 Trinity CMs and even tested one for a while for CCS, for a total of 3 that I have used extensively. (Don't have any of the 3 now. Bad design)

Now to the issue. Cimex vs Orbot. If I were to be limited to only one machine, it would be the Orbot hands down. No machine I have ever had would out clean it in a residential setting. It will absolutely do it all. Carpet, tile, wood, concrete etc. Very easy to use in residential and does a great job on commercial. It also does it all very quietly.
If you are doing mainly large commercial, then get a Cimex.
Question for SSI :

Which cotton bonnets on the Cimex did you use? the slim Tuway pads??
I was really hoping for a recommendation which ones work well and where to buy cotton pads for Cimex.
A lot of good information here... one thing that strikes me funny or i think is wild.. as i read some people companies say they have both but only use one once a year.. gosh that's a 4k machine that is just setting around ... i can't afford to do that... that's the reason i want to make sure when the time is right to buy one i get the one that is best suited for me...
I get the 8" thin ones from Excellent Supply and the 8" cotton pads from Bonnet Pro.com

One thing u will notice about the bonnets is it takes a little longer to get the chem to flow thru them but once you get it going it is super easy to keep a real nice foam going and and it helps to stretch your chem conception out.
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Great- thanks for the info
I have two Orbots, one with the SprayBorg and one without.

Never used the SprayBorg in residential as we always pre-spray, let dwell and then padcap.

Are you getting great results just spraying and going with little or no dwell time in resi?

Sounds like some of you are actually encapping resi?
I feel the releasit ds2 took care of the coughing. If you use a US.EPA product i think your health concerns would be answered. I have been using US.EPA solutions for all our cleaning and getting good results over the other cleaners we have been using hot water and vlm cleaning.
time is money and fill the cimex and go
time is money and fill the orbot sprayborg and go the only pre i do is vacuum.
and post pad residential Peter B.
I was looking at the Trinity as a buddy for my Cimex as I have a big commercial contract
starting up soon. I did not see much love for the orbot on some forums, I am aware that excellent sells Orbot and not the Trinity, however I believe that some of my concerns with the Orbot have been addressed. I am thankful for threads like this that get a good cross section of users together to give objective opinions.
(01-27-2013, 11:43 AM)leofry@1966 Wrote: A lot of good information here... one thing that strikes me funny or i think is wild.. as i read some people companies say they have both but only use one once a year.. gosh that's a 4k machine that is just setting around ... i can't afford to do that... that's the reason i want to make sure when the time is right to buy one i get the one that is best suited for me...

Don't get me wrong Leo, when I said 3-4 times a year, that is each job done 3-4 times per year.

These are generally smaller jobs, whereas the Cimex cruises on the ones that take a 2,3 or 4 days to complete.

I also have two other tiny machines for close encounters, an Oreck, which I believe you people are familiar with, that has a 12-13" orbital drive plate.

Also a Gem, which has an oblong orbital drive plate that measures 10" x 16"

Both of these machines will take pads, towels or bonnets.

Shy
(01-27-2013, 11:43 AM)leofry@1966 Wrote: A lot of good information here... one thing that strikes me funny or i think is wild.. as i read some people companies say they have both but only use one once a year.. gosh that's a 4k machine that is just setting around ... i can't afford to do that... that's the reason i want to make sure when the time is right to buy one i get the one that is best suited for me...

if i didn't have my Challenger then i'd use the Orbot for all my resi jobs. but for resi i prefer my Challenger and for comm i prefer my Cimex. doesn't leave much of anything for me to use the Orbot on, so it sits in my van. it's just personal preference. if you plan on doing mostly resi, then imo you'll want an OP or 175.
So Derek, how about trading that Orbot that's just sitting there for a couple of really nice rotaries? Wink
haha hiyas Phillip Tongue

i have a long history of quickly reselling high-ticket items i've purchased for a loss. trying to take my time on this one and see if i ever change my mind lol.

the Sprayborg isn't working a.t.m. ... either air in line or frozen pump. but i had RV antifreeze in the pump, so i dont see how it could'a froze. that's a project for the Spring.
Hey Derek, Put a primer bulb on your sprayborg. It really works for me. A few squeezes on the bulb and the system is primed and you are back up and spraying!

Lee