• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One Thing That Blows Me Away....
Is how well the Cimex seems to do in dirty restaurants!

Some of the pics you guys post are amazing.

Curious, has anyone ever tried putting a bucket heater in the solution tank before cleaning?

Also, on average how many square feet are you covering per hour with the Cimex?
Working a good number of filthy greasy restaurant accounts (monthly clean). Frankly cimex and encap works very good - but with limits. We eventually have to extract area periodically. I call in a steam cleaner and pay him to deep clean it. Might be good for another 6 to 8 months till I call him in again.

We have taken many restaurant accounts away from steam cleaners - (they leave the carpet wet and smelly! Bad for business.)

This is slow work - 4000sqft can require 6 to 7 manhours labor. Make sure you charge appropriately.

As for bucket heater - don't need it in most commercial restaurants - they have very hot water on tap. We don't have time to wait on bucket heaters in the tank. As long as we have water we are cleaning. We run our jobs hard an fast - and go to the next one.
  Reply   Purge Spammer
You sub contract the HWE when needed?

(01-30-2013, 08:13 PM)Hammack Wrote: Working a good number of filthy greasy restaurant accounts (monthly clean). Frankly cimex and encap works very good - but with limits. We eventually have to extract area periodically. I call in a steam cleaner and pay him to deep clean it. Might be good for another 6 to 8 months till I call him in again.

We have taken many restaurant accounts away from steam cleaners - (they leave the carpet wet and smelly! Bad for business.)

This is slow work - 4000sqft can require 6 to 7 manhours labor. Make sure you charge appropriately.

As for bucket heater - don't need it in most commercial restaurants - they have very hot water on tap. We don't have time to wait on bucket heaters in the tank. As long as we have water we are cleaning. We run our jobs hard an fast - and go to the next one.
IMO, hot water is nice but not crucial. It seems that the right product and superior agitation are the first two things you need. For the restaurant smell, about 20 drops of tea tree oil per Cimex tank works well for us. But I can't remember the last time we cleaned a restaurant (not due to old age- most restaurants aren't willing to pay for a high quality job...but there are some).
i've thought of subbing out some HWE if i ever needed it for a client's carpet. not worth it for me to invest 40k+ just for that. so far so good though.
A friend of mine uses his VonSchrader LMX. If you go to VonSchrader's website you will see pictures of the Wendys he has done.
Well Mike VonSchrader must have upgraded their machines because I owned one 12 years ago and it was junk!!!!! Maybe I just got a bad one. Hey maybe it was built on Monday or a Friday, LOL
Did you look at the pictures ? He said the key was Grease Buster from Magic Mop and restaurant hot water. I agree, they do not work as well as they advertise however, many times I will encap first with my 300 and then go back over it with my LMX and get very good results. For trashed out rentals, I'll use the same process but instead of using the LMX, I'll use my Rotovac.