• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Residental Carpet Cleaning with 175 Buffer
I just did a job the other day. 175 buffer, then I sprayed my encap solution down, went over it with my Dirt Napper brush, followed up with a bonnet. It came out great.
Sscarpet

What is the name of the cleaner you use?
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Do you want to use your tank?

If so, this is what I would recommend:

-Pre-vac
-Run your solution through the tank with a carpet brush or FiberPlus pad
-Do a second pass with Tuway or cotton/terry pad
-Post vac/groom

Are you still using a Steamin' Demon?

(06-25-2012, 09:17 AM)KennyWright Wrote: You can scrub with fiberplus pads usiong ds, hydrox, or punch. Then hwe with plain water or light punch rinse. If you prescrub with ds or hydrox, you will need defoamer while rinsing.
I use "McCulloch MC-1275 Heavy-Duty Steam Cleaner". It is convenient to use.
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Just ordered defoamer.
Is soileze protector good for commercial carpet as well?
Thanks.
  Reply   Purge Spammer
What I currently do is use a 175 with a Dirt Napper brush then go back over it with a Bonnet pad. If it needs it , I'll use my VonSchrader LMX first and then go back over it with a Bonnet pad. It takes longer however , it seems to give me better results. I am thinking about buying a OP machine but have not pulled the trigger yet.
Simple, I have a 175 with tank, I also have a shampoo brush(I can count on one hand in the past 3 years how many times I use the brush).

With a resi carpet, it's a per vac, spray cleaner (most of the time it's DS or Hydrox), use a fp or fp max pad then I will go over area with a bonnet pad. That simple.

I never use the tank on a resi job even though it is on the machine. I am looking into buying a 17" just for doing resi work and keeping the 17"with tank for comm work only. I also have a 20" machine that has never been used (to heavy).
Same as Mike here when using the 175. Dirt napper first, then followed by a loopy cotton or micro fiber bonnet.

I can get the same results as my Orbot it just takes a little longer.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk
Here is the way we do it. Vacuum first , go over it first with either my VonSchrader LMX using VonSchraders dry foam , then go back over it with with my 175 , an encap solution and a Bonnet pad, then groom the carpets. This is if it is not that bad. For trashed carpet, I do just reverse the process. I use the 175 with a Dirt Napper then use my LMX. This is for residential with plush carpet. On another note, I have a Rotovac 360I with a 100 psi extractor. The Vacuum motor just blew. Thinking about selling my HWE equipment. I think I have used the extractor 20 times at the most. My LMX has done hundreds of jobs and has never broken down.
Hey Mike,
Did you know that you can use Encap-Clean DS2 in your LMX?
I wondered about using encap in an LMX. Should work pretty well. And it has a good vac system.
Mike Becker
All-Dry Cleaning Services
Carpet Cleaning Mendota, IL
(08-02-2013, 11:54 AM)MikeB Wrote: I wondered about using encap in an LMX. Should work pretty well. And it has a good vac system.

We've got quite a few customers who use Encap-Clean DS2 with their VS equipment. Works great.
No Rick, I did not know that. Do you know someone who uses it that way that I could speak with ?
I can't recall a particular customer by name that runs VonSchrader equipment. We don't normally add their equipment to our customer notes. But we've heard from a few customers that they use their Esprit upholstery machine with Releasit, and some also use it with their LMX.

If you want to try it you can mix Encap-Clean DS2 and use it the same way you'd use the VS shampoo. The VS machine will whip up a solid foam, and you'll have excellent encap properties to boot. Give it a shot.
Sounds good, I'll try it.