• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hot air?
Anyone ever see this machine?
Uses hot air.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZX-vhqFj2o

It was introduced by the late John Goldsmith of Research Products & Citrus Resources into our industry.

He told me personally many years ago that the machine was used for applying (?) bitumen to exterior roofs in Germany, and he could see it as another way of cleaning carpets.

So "Dry Fusion" was born, along with the "Fusioneers" that bought franchises.

Did not sell really well in Australia, but when he took it to the U.K. they went ballistic over it.

It's a household name over there, similar to that chem-who mob in the 'states.

We have one chap in our town that uses it, been here now for a couple of years but I don't have much to do with him and have only ever spoken to him once, and that was on the phone.

Log onto Cleantalk in the U.K. they can tell you a lot more than I.

Here's a bit more info: http://www.oateslaboratories.com.au/dry-fusion

Shorty.
Very interesting
Shorty that was an excellent run down on that machine. Thanks for the history lesson Smile
Yes very cool!
They do look cool. I would imagine that they would take 2 cords here in the US so wouldn't be practical.

I always though if there was a way to add live steam to a rotary, you'd have the ultimate low moisture machine.
(02-02-2013, 09:08 AM)CleanImage Wrote: They do look cool. I would imagine that they would take 2 cords here in the US so wouldn't be practical.

I always though if there was a way to add live steam to a rotary, you'd have the ultimate low moisture machine.

I always thought that suction on a Cimex would be the ultimate. Think about it, gravity feed solution; perfect scrubbing action and rotary extraction x3. To the workshop!!!
Some entrepreneur will make a pad style machine that will do it all -clean great, clean fast, no residue, uses just a little cleaning solution, dispenses a plethora of spot cleaners from the unit's on board reservoirs, nimble, light weight, leaves carpet dry, be cheap, looking incredible, easy to clean, cheap terms in financing, readily available and HWE guys would still complain and spout off conspiracy theories regarding pad cap and encap. Oh wait, I am a HWE guy.............but I do love my Cimex.
(02-03-2013, 06:21 PM)SLOTOOLS Wrote: Some entrepreneur will make a pad style machine that will do it all -clean great, clean fast, no residue, uses just a little cleaning solution, dispenses a plethora of spot cleaners from the unit's on board reservoirs, nimble, light weight, leaves carpet dry, be cheap, looking incredible, easy to clean, cheap terms in financing, readily available and HWE guys would still complain and spout off conspiracy theories regarding pad cap and encap. Oh wait, I am a HWE guy.............but I do love my Cimex.

I already have that, and have had it for over thirty years, (31 this April).

It's called a WIFE.Big Grin

Sorry, aussie humor. Blush
Yep, a easy to finance, no residue wife is a great thing- sorry my humor.........
Yes, some awesome ideas!

Yes, some awesome ideas!
I've used hot air while cleaning for years Smile Just ask Derek

But seriously, I think they're on the WoolSafe site. Aren't they related to Oates Labs?