• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prospecting and Selling Advice needed.
We started out targeting certain industries such as funeral homes, dentist offices, etc. Than I started to personally drive around certain areas picking the businesses, and then calling, following up, using CMS techniques.

I would appreciate any advice on prospecting techniques, or anything that may help with the prospecting process. (Calling, decision maker's name, mailing, follow up.) Any pitfalls, or ways you think I could get more efficient? It takes me around one hour to round up 25 to 35 names depending on the area, and then it takes about another hour to put their information (name, number, mailing address) onto a workable call list.

We have made a commitment this year to concentrate on commercial so it has been a big change, as what you focus on is what you usually get more of, however, I am still learning every day.

Any stories, suggestions, or comments....things to do, things not to do....from the cleaners out there that have reached their selling and business goals would be appreciated.

Things are going well, just always willing to take advice from those who have already been there.

Thanks
Brandon
Review your CMS several times.

&

Most importantly

[Image: frog.gif]
Join a BNI group.
Demo's and "freebees" have worked for us in getting commercial work. Another thing that helped get some new jobs was this...
[Image: poster2.jpg]
We printed these postcards and both mailed them and also delivered door to door.

Also, Our local news paper did a story on this. Even did a follow up story with photo when we presented the library with the check.
We got very good results with this campaign.
This spring, we are going to do another of this type for another cause.

Just make sure it is for new customers only.

helps when your oldest daughter is a professional photographer and your youngest is willing to pose.
I've just written a recent article that considers the importance of persistence in your sales efforts. Too often guys think they stink at marketing because they give it a quick shotgun approach and come up empty. In my experience the shotgun approach to commercial marketing seldom works. On the other hand, calculated persistence can yield very good results. Read this article to see what I'm talking about. Hope it gives you some food for thought...
http://www.excellent-supply.com/Persiste..._b_19.html