• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wall to wall wool in high end condo
I have a high end condo with wall to wall wool berber..do i need anything special with my cimex? Last time I used my truck-mount (prochem everest 650hp) with a hoss. It came out good, but that was in hot weather in the summer. Really want to try something dryer this time.
  Reply   Purge Spammer
I've only used the Cimex residentially once; I had it on the truck after a commercial job. We had a large empty house to clean; the upstairs was nylon cut pile and the lower level was a pink wool looped carpet throughout. VERY heavy yellow/brown traffic lanes that I told the client not to expect much of a difference.

So I set up my tech upstairs cleaning very clean nylon with the truckmount (he was happy, since he felt he was getting the better end of the deal!), and I lugged the Cimex into the home. Mainly because of some of the guys down under posting here about the Cimex and encap on wool. Using DS and beige Fiber Plus pads, the entire carpet (3 large areas) literally came out looking new! (to this day, I still haven't forgiven myself for not bringing a camera to that job). I was done and had the Cimex back on the truck before the tech got done upstairs.

Back then, I didn't have any bonnets for the Cimex. If I did the same job today, I would use the bonnets instead of the pads. IMO, they would leave the carpet a little softer, drier, and remove some soil. Better for residential work.
As Kevin's commented above, yes - you can use the Cimex on berber carpet. In fact the encap method works quite well on berbers. Either Encap-CleanDS2 or Encap-HydrOx would work well for you on this one. Use the standard beige FiberPlus pads.

Let us know how you make out.
I have no problem cleaning wool or any other carpet using Big Yella, (apart from Flotex, which is basically a "floor covering" and not carpet, per se).

I have a guv-urn-mint agency that insists I use my Cimex rather than HWE/steam clean;

Over the years I have used my truck mount - portables - CMX-20 - 360i and various wands to clean these residences.

They have advised that the best clean, and for quick drying times, especially in our cyclonic wet season when the humidity is in the mid/high 90's, the Mex; is the best thing since sliced bread.

As Rick said, use the standard beige pads.

Cool
The wool berber should clean up well for you using DS2 and the cimex. We use the same to clean a lot of rugs that come through our rug cleaning plant daily. Doesn't matter if we are washing them or not Cimex / DS2 works great either way.
Thanks!
  Reply   Purge Spammer