• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh boy- what have I done!!! Trinity content.
The 19" MicroBeasts will sell for $19.95
I've heard very good things about those pads on other boards, I think I may need to invest in some. My OP machine makes Fibre Plus pads pill up into balls by the end of 1 job. That's too expensive to be ruining 1 pad per job. I am definitely going to get some of these.

A question I have is, are these pads double sided? My concern is that the OP action may be lost or minimized on pads that are too thick? What's your experience?

Cheers

Jamie
Jamie,

What OP are you using?
(02-25-2013, 12:05 AM)encapman Wrote: I have only seen the Trinity run for a few minutes at our shop when John brought one to SummerFest last summer. I can't comment on pad wear, since I don't have hands on experience with that particular machine. I've heard a lot of talk about it's aggressiveness though. I'm not convinced there's a need for excessive agressive agitation when it comes to carpet cleaning. I think the Orbot has plenty of agitation. Agitation is very important. However we need to be balanced about it, otherwise damage to the fiber can occur. John feels there's an advantage to the agitation of his machine. Yet I think it would be wise to use gentle pads on the machine and exercise a measure of caution so that you don't distort the pile. To that end, microfiber pads tend to be less aggressive than other pad materials, however they may not hold up under the Trinity. So you may want experiment a little with different pads.

We are now handling the MicroBeast bonnets. They're excellent bonnets for rotaries as well as for OP machines that have good velcro. These bonnets hold up well and scrub deeper than other microfiber bonnets. We should have them in stock within the next 2 weeks.

[Image: microbeast-bonnet.jpg]

I use those pads on residential. Absolutely love them! Cuts labor by about 30% and they hold up very well. Plus I save a Fiber+ pad and its pills do not clog up my velcro.

I'm glad you're carrying them Rick. I prefer one stop shopping.Smile
The Trinity shipped out Monday- I saw this on my tracking today:

Adverse weather conditions occurred which may result in a service delay

Rick, what is the difference between your microbeast and these pads?

https://store.trinityrenewalsystems.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=65&product_id=75

They look the same, can you elaborate??
We're nicer. Wink

Just kidding with you. They appear to be similar to the ones we're now carrying.
This is a photo of my OP machine. I bought it 2nd hand here in Australia. Supposedly it was custom made in the USA. I really don't know what brand it is but it is a great machine.

Have any of you guys seen one of these machines before, I'd be interested in knowing where they come from.

I'm going to try some different pads and also some weights to see what effect that has.

[Image: e110003e186f437b1e561b18c6b6f14b_zpsb2cb9d2d.jpg]
Comments on original post concerning residential, I have a Cimex, Challenger, and Orbot. I like how the Orbot looks also, and it can clean faster with larger path, however in residential I grab my Challenger OP, it doesn't look near as cool, but results are the same if not better depending on the situation. Especially up stairs and around furniture, I can pick it up with one hand, it just doesn't get any more convenient cleaning residential OP. OP has limitations in a residential setting, but I have never had issues with customer satisfaction over the last 4 years, maybe a handful of customers and those where questionable as to whether anything could have helped, my Orbot is still shiny, as it gets left out so far, the cimex is my choice for commercial, and the Orbot is a little less convenient for residential, but hopefully I can put some wear on it soon with more commercial work.
(02-26-2013, 05:14 PM)Jamie Wrote: This is a photo of my OP machine. I bought it 2nd hand here in Australia. Supposedly it was custom made in the USA. I really don't know what brand it is but it is a great machine.

Have any of you guys seen one of these machines before, I'd be interested in knowing where they come from.

I'm going to try some different pads and also some weights to see what effect that has.

[Image: e110003e186f437b1e561b18c6b6f14b_zpsb2cb9d2d.jpg]

Looks like an Orbot prototype to me?
what gauge is that power cord?
does the knobs on top adjust the height? I guess it does by looking at the way the handle is built and the extra power cord loop under the red button.

Looks very cool
In Oz we run off 240 volt sockets which is what this is.

The knobs on top do adjust the height, the handle extends & retracts into itself.

And yeah the buttons in the middle are on/off buttons. The motor also has an on/off switch on top as well if needed.

It's a very well built machine IMHO, it's just that I have no idea about it's origins really.

Cheers

Jamie
Well Slotools, you will definitely find out what you have done. Good luck.
Jamie,

That machine looks awesome!

Looks like a 1 HP motor?

Very cool.