• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berber Carpet
Guy's I am curious if you have ever encaped Berber carpet before ? If so, what do you use on it.
Yes I am sure we all have
The term "Berber" refers to the weave of the carpet, not the materials. Berber carpet is made from a variety of materials, and the weave results in short loops.

Use any product Rick has
I know a lot of folks use either a bonnet or a fiber plus pad followed by a bonnet. I normally use a brush and have had great results with it - and, as mentioned, Rick's products.
I came behind a HWE company that had cleaned a "High-Low Berber" a few days before the client contacted me, streaked, browned in some areas, the gentleman was beside himself, and would not allow the other company back in. They had told him "No Problem", we are "Berber Specialits", so I mixed up some Releasit, and away I went with the beige fiber pads on my Cimex, turned out great.
  Reply   Purge Spammer
what D.H. said.

i used to have a hard time CC'ing the high-low type berber with my HWE porty and a glided wand. if i had used a rotary powerhead like an RX or RV it no doubt woulda cleaned up nicely.

with a VLM rotary it is easy as well. my Cimex did a decent job, but i much prefer OP'ing it with a cotton blend pad and Punch or w/e your fav encap is.
I use D/S2 or Hydrox on Berber.
I did this one this morning with a Cimex and Hydrox-
turned out really nice- large stains gone- sorry for not having a before pic-
hallways were nasty and just popped as well.

[Image: photocopy2.jpg]
i haven't tried Hydrox yet, but a local CC'er uses it all the time and says it's the bomb Idea
here is one of the halls, front room was more soiled, excellent results[undefined=undefined][Image: 44to.jpg]
I have some Hydrox. I'll use that and let you guys know how it turned out. Thanks!
Hydrox work very good on berber. As a matter of fact it works well on all carpets.
Used hydrox on white Berber yesterday and results were incredible. The best thing, no wick backs.... Thanks for the great poduct!
Slotools - that Berber job looks terrific! Keep up the good work.

Berber is a natural wicking carpet, especially since a lot of it is olefin. So the encap method very woks well on these puppies.

I once took a one day class from the late Bob Wittkamp that focused entirely on Berber. Can you imagine, an entire day on Berber? Well I'll tell you what I learned in just 3 words...
Wait for it...
(btw, those weren't the 3 words)

Here are the 3 words to remember for Berber...

Dry! Dry! Dry!

You've gotta speed dry Berbers - especially olefin berbers. So the encap method is a perfect fit for berber. Avoid over-wetting, and speed up the drying with fans or with other methods that will help you to accelerate the drying.
Interesting three words. I love the dry time!
The reason "berber" (a type of carpet) made from olefin fiber wicks is OLEFIN fiber only absorbs 1/10 of 1% of it's weight in moisture (that is sprayed on it) and it immediately runs to the backing. So Low Moisture Cleaning works best. Of course you already knew that.
  Reply   Purge Spammer