• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I know the cimex is user friendly and productive but does it clean better
i always wrap Challenger / Cimex cord over my shoulders / neck...works for me.
(03-08-2013, 05:59 PM)FloorCareMD Wrote: Leofry,

Maybe Rick's "Scrub3" would be something you would be interested in...

The Scrub3 has been tabled for now. We weren't satisfied with its performance. We won't sell something with our name on it if is't right. So at least until we can get it sorted out, the Scrub3 is on hold. Sorry.

To answer the question above, comparing a Cimex to a rotary... The Cimex is no comparison to a rotary. No comparison at all! A single disk 175 rotary has one driver turning at 175 rpm's. The Cimex has 3 drivers spinning at 400 rpm's. That's 3 times as many drivers spinning more than twice as fast. That alone would lead us to over a 6 times increase in efficiency with each cleaning pass. Added to that, the 3 drivers are spinning clockwise while the drive-deck "bowl" is turning counterclockwise - so the carpet's being scrubbed left and right at the same time. So between the 6 times increase and the fact that we're safely scrubbing the fiber from all sides at the same time we're able to provide superior agitation to the carpet. Plus there's no side to side torque like with a rotary. And there's a 6.6 gallon tank so you can cover some ground. All this leads to an unmatched machine for commercial carpet scrubbing.
I took out my passenger seat in my van. This keeps my cimex in its own spot away from my truck mount. It's easier to lift it up there too. Of course if you have an employee this isn't going to work.
  Reply   Purge Spammer
Have a ramp as lifting a Cimex will do physical damage eventually. Outperforms a rotary hands down. Next purchase for me is the big wheel kit as stairs can be a killer.
A lot of good suggestions here.

As Rick said, NO COMPARISON between a rotary and a Cimex.

I've built a completely new business around the Cimex which I could never do with a rotary.

Many people forget how to make their life, and their health easier and better.

I no longer have "back problems" since I got rid of the "swinger" rotary and purchased the Mex;

Weekly visits to a chiropractor are now a thing of the past.

I can easily take it up four (4) flights of stairs with the "Big Wheel Kit".

I have no problems lifting the Mex; in and out of my van because I always use ramps.

I also use them for the Sprayborg.

I don't care how many people tell me that if I bend at the knees, maintain a straight back and lift straight up, I will be okay, RAMPS just take all those problems away.

Look after your back and your knees/other joints, as you get older you'll know why.

Both my knees would be great if I hadn't of broken one and fractured a tibia 17 years ago. :-(

CAUTION: This equipment MAY cause a tendency for the operator to increase their weight.

However, this can easily be remedied by gaining larger commercial clients and walking/exercising more behind "Big Yella" in the still of the night.

Shorty.