• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
grout
I feel I am an expert at VCT flooring, however when it comes to grouted tiles, I admit I am a newb.
I would like to be able to tell my customers that I could get their grout clean and I have tried to do so with stripper and wallbangers. Not too good of results there. Grout hardly looks any cleaner.
Would like to be able to use the Cimex and it's triple pad / dual direction action to do this.
Anyone else have any thoughts on this?
I know brushes would be important (I think), however I read where some use the Orbot. Is that with a brush too?
What chems work best to whiten grout?
You'll ned the Weight Set.

And the Polypropelene Brush Set works well too.

Give it some dwell time, and scrub with this combo. Works very well.
What about a 24" machine. do you sell brushes for this?
I have used several grout cleaners and they will work some need more dwell time than others. I have found floor stripper works just as good and at $8 to 10.00 a gallon. If you are cleaning a white or a light colored grout add 40 volume peroxide 8.00 a gallon at Sallys hair product store.
The cimex using the brushes kicks butt we seldom need the hand grout brush and we mop the stripper on the tile oh we try to use odorless stripper. Peter B.
Thanks Peter.
I like this.....since i have the ultimate stripper.
How much peroxide do you add to a RTU (ready to use/mixed up) gallon of stripper?
Do you use the yellow or white (more flexible) brushes?

PS what is a great hand grout brush to purchase for corners/edges and around toilets etc??
Thanks
Depending on soil load i would start at 8 to 12 ounces of peroxide per gallon of rtu stripper.
I use the white brushes for the cimex and think excellent supply sells the grout brush
Peter B.
anyone know where to buy 10" brushes?
(03-09-2013, 09:22 AM)FloorCareMD Wrote: anyone know where to buy 10" brushes?

For the Cimex?
We have those.

For a rotary?
We can get you those too.
24" Cimex. 10" brushes.
Can't find them on your site.
True, the 10" brushes are not on the website. In fact we don't keep them in stock. However EVERYTHING Cimex sells is at our disposal. We can drop ship them to you directly from Cimex USA. So pick the brushes that you'd like in the corresponding brush for the 19" Cimex. Then just replace the first 2 numbers in the product name from 48 to 61. For example - 4805 brushes (firm brushes for T&G) would become 6105 brushes for the 24" Cimex. Once you've chosen the brush style that you'd like - give us a call and we'll get the 10" brushes heading your way Smile
Anybody have any before and after pics of cleaning t&g (especially grout) with a Cimex or rotary?