• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
8" Black Stripper Pads
i recently read a thread on 1 of the forums about cutting your own 8" black stripper pads for stripping VCT. i remembered that i had cut some 9 years ago. well this afternoon we were at a repeat client's office cleaning up a bunch of tar spots. i prescrubbed with a heavy mix of encap and let it dwell. then i put on those black stripper pads and WOW do they cut through spots! this carpet is OLLLDDDD and ratty. it is near replacement, so i knew i could get away with using the black pads. NEVER use them on new / nice carpet! just a little trick for carpet that is already in rough shape and on the verge of replacement.

a good use for them might be a demo where the prospect says that they are going to replace the carpet unless your free demo can make a big enough difference. and even then, think wisely!
For floor stripping we've gone to market and found the MOST AGGRESSIVE strip pads you can buy? The Lightning Strip Pads are the most effective strip pads on the market.
  • Razor sharp strip action cuts through floor finish.
  • Open weave pattern won't clog with old floor finish.
  • Highly durable. They last and last and last and last.
They are the PERFECT pads for floor stripping with the Cimex machine.
I guarantee you'll be blown away with them.

However I must warn you guys - NEVER use any kind of stripping pads (worn out or otherwise) on carpet. Unless you want to test out your business liability insurance. You will scratch and abrade the fiber. Damage to the carpet will occur. Sad

I know Derek mentioned that this was old worn out carpet, but I still think you're playing with fire if you use a strip pad on carpet fiber.

The FiberPlus Max Pads are aggressive enough for powering through trashed commercial loop carpet. They'll normally cut about 20% off your time when cleaning a heavily soiled commercial loop olefin carpet. Yet these pads are only recommended for commercial loop carpet, and if you choose to use them on commercial cut pile you should exercise caution. I would never recommend using anything more aggressive than the FiberPlus Max on carpet fiber.
i forgot about those lightning strip pads of yours Rick. glad you mentioned them, beats cutting down a larger pad! i gotta buy some to replace these 3 eventually. i realize you would never recommend it and i wondered if the thread might get deleted to protect readers. if you feel it would be better off deleted, i would understand completely.
No need to to delete the thread Derek. I'm glad you mentioned it so that we could discuss it. The more input, the better for everyone.