• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I or shouldn't I ??
Decisions, decisions, why does life have to be so complicated??

I'm currently fitting out a new van, basically for encap;

I have my Cimex, Sprayborg, Oreck and Gem for all encap/O.P. work.

Plus I also have a CRB for Flotex flooring, (which I just found out my extractor also cleans well, see below).

NOW, on the extraction side, instead of a conventional spotter, I have a small porty with a 100psi pump and VERY POWERFUL vac; motor, it is manual fill and empty and holds about 5 gallons of water + 5 gallons of waste.

This will be used mainly for trashed upholstery after scrubbing with either Makita or Cyclo.

I also have a small 10" wand for this as well as the 360i for some terrible small carpet jobs (urine, Flotex, etcWink.

Now the problem......

I also have a t/m in the old van which I haven't hardly used in a couple of years.

I was thinking of slipping in the MasterBlend TF3500 I have into the new van, but looking at how often I need something like this??? I'm in a quandary as I feel the Sprayborg will do most anything, if not, I have the small extractor.

I would value any thoughts on this before I start cutting steel and bolting in. ;-)

Ta,

Shorty.
It's your money. For my money, I'd skip the TM.
You've already proven to yourself that you don't need one.
Yeah Rick, that's a no-brainer, just wondering about the big porty, I really don't think I need that either given what can be done with the Orbot and bonnets, and of course the little porty;

What's your opinion on the big porty;??

Keep or dump??

I'm 90% sure I don't require it.

Ta,

Shorty.

PS::: G'night, (or g'mornin' it's 01:03 here).......................(Sunday) :-)
The big porty would be helpful whenever you may need to fully flush a larger area of carpet. Aside from that, a smaller porty could serve you well.

I agree though that the lion's share of your work can be done with your VLM equipment. VLM methods (based on encap chemistry) are becoming more prominent in our industry. And I'm confident that the low moisture methods will continue to grow as we move forward. It just makes sense.
Shorty,

I had similar dilemma. I made the decision to ditch my larger machine and customized a simple ,older ,smaller 10 gallon portable chasis to fit my needs. I went with a small 200 psi pump. And great vac.. I can run 50 ft 2" hose no problem. I can carry in my 5x8 trailer , ramp, cimex, duplex, brush pro, vac, orbital, 175, portable, 55 gallon water drum, sprayer, hose and accessories. I chose to ditch the 1 ton 8-10 miles a gallon and use ford escape with trailer. Yes it's tight, Of course I don't always travel with all that equipment just depends on that days work. When I have long distance jobs or jobs I only need crb or whatever, it's just the ford and no trailer.I prefer the trailer to advertise and the whole dog and pony show thing! No more big tm for me, I enjoy my free time with a lot less repair and maintenance.
Thank you R & R (Rick 'n Rob), you've made my mind up for me.

Now I can plan the van, and go have some R 'n R (rest 'n relaxation).

Off to Perth next Saturday for a five day camper-van trip around the lower west.

Oh, and attend Ausclean while I'm over there. ;-)

Shorty.