• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orbot cord replacement? and ...
Rick do you sell a replacement for the Orbot cord? the stock one that came with mine is as thick (or thicker??) than a Cimex Kodiak cord. i am thinking it doesn't need to be this big and heavy??

also, my Orbot doesn't have an "arm" that the cord can wrap around. is this something you sell.

and prices for each?

tx --- Derek.
We always sell the Kodiak Cord as a replacement for the Orbot. It's a nice cord.
  • Durable
  • Very flexible
  • Water resistant
  • Rated appropriately for this type of equipment
i guess my question was, is there a slimmer/lighter cord than what came with my Orbot? this thing now is a beast lol. it's at least the same size as the Kodiak...might be bigger idk yet. but perhaps this cord is what is needed to run the Orbot.

although this Orbot model has that extra yellow plug dangling from it.... for that HOS heater idea that never panned out. perhaps it CAN use a slimmer cord.?. Big Grin
Yes. The Kodiak is much more flexible than the cord your Orbot came with. And it's a little bit lighter. It's a dream to work with by comparison.
oh i see, tx!

last question: is it black or yellow?
(03-14-2013, 10:58 AM)Derek Wrote: oh i see, tx!

last question: is it black or yellow?

Appears to be black...

http://www.excellent-supply.com/Kodiak-C...p_188.html
Yes. The KODIAK HD is black.
I have purchased both. The first Kodiak was yellow, the second was black. The yellow cord is the better of the 2, don't know why. The black is a very good cord though.
The yellow cords are no longer available. The company that was making them was bought out by another company, and the former cords are no longer in the new company's product line. Of course, it's still possible to get a different yellow cord, but not with the same characteristics. To get a cord with the specs we were looking for we had to switch to a black cord. The black Kodiak cords have the same features that the yellow ones had. We're fussy about the cords we chose to handle. There are other cords on the market that have similar ratings, but we couldn't find any that were as flexible. In addition to carrying the correct voltage and safety ratings, we also wanted a very flexible cord, that is water resistant, and with a tough casing. The original Kodiak cords and the black Kodiak cords have these important features. That's why they're nicer than the stock Cimex cord or the stock Orbot cord. We figure as long as you are gonna replace a cord - you might as well be getting an upgrade at the same time.
(03-17-2013, 08:37 PM)encapman Wrote: The yellow cords are no longer available. The company that was making them was bought out by another company, and the former cords are no longer in the new company's product line. Of course, it's still possible to get a different yellow cord, but not with the same characteristics. To get a cord with the specs we were looking for we had to switch to a black cord. The black Kodiak cords have the same features that the yellow ones had. We're fussy about the cords we chose to handle. There are other cords on the market that have similar ratings, but we couldn't find any that were as flexible. In addition to carrying the correct voltage and safety ratings, we also wanted a very flexible cord, that is water resistant, and with a tough casing. The original Kodiak cords and the black Kodiak cords have these important features. That's why they're nicer than the stock Cimex cord or the stock Orbot cord. We figure as long as you are gonna replace a cord - you might as well be getting an upgrade at the same time.

good info Rick.

all i know is my Orbot's stock cord is 10 gauge ExclamationExclamation i think that is nuts lol, it's some heavy duty stuff. i wonder if i can go down to 12 or heaven forbid 14 Big Grin
Just get a Kodiak. It's much nicer to work with. Guaranteed.
Got my Kodiak at the front door yesterday! Attached the female end that I bought at Home Depot and it works! First time!

Get to use it on my first job in about an hour. Thanks Rick!

I can already tell that its a huge upgrade over the stock Orbot cord.
nice Judd.

did you switch out the ends to a "standard" type 3-prong plug or keep the weird circular plugs ends?

i gotta order one pretty soon here.
(06-13-2013, 11:57 AM)Derek Wrote: nice Judd.

did you switch out the ends to a "standard" type 3-prong plug or keep the weird circular plugs ends?

i gotta order one pretty soon here.

I kept the twist and lock style. Otherwise I would've had to switch the plug on the machine as well.
I swapped the twist out then put it back when i replaced the cord
the cords do not stay attached well other wise, this time I purchased a better twist one that stayed on better also