• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Purchasing pre-owned cimex
What should I be looking for in terms of problem areas?
I would think the belt and slippage would be a big item- I believe it you were able to test on a job before purchase, you would have a good idea what to expect with performance.
even if the belt needs replacement, it shouldn't be a deal breaker.

if the belt is fine, you should still buy one for a backup, Rick sells them here on the site.

def try it out first. put water in it and pull the trigger, make sure the water comes out with an equal amount of flow from all 3 heads...this way you know there isn't any blockage.

then turn the machine on and listen to it, hopefully it is not making a racket and make sure that all 3 heads spin and that the base plate is spinning (in the opposite direction to the 3 heads.)
Check it out for any bearing noise, about the only thing that we need to repair every once in a while.
Hey Don, how hard is the bearing to replace in the Cimex??
They are pretty easy to repair and so I would say if you can get one at a great price, pick it up. If really concerned take a small piece of carpet or rug with you and try before you buy. I bought my second one used many years ago and didn't have any issues with it for years. It's great having two machines.