• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tile cleaning, Orbot, Cimex or Truck Mount
i use the truck mount with the sx 12... can anyone convince me that the orbot or the cimex can do as good of job ? ... keep in mind that i want to be convinced ...lol
No Leo, we can't say that they will in the same time frame. The TM and SX 12 is the best. I used a TM and Turbo for years so I know what that set up will do.
But, that being said, I have cleaned a lot of tile and grout with the Orbot and it does a great job. It takes a little longer with the OP set up, but NO HOSES! Hopefully I have pulled my last hose.

I will stick with the Orbot. Smile

[Image: PBITile4.jpg]

[Image: PBITile1.jpg]

[Image: BankofOCtile6.jpg]

[Image: BankofOCtile4.jpg]
I use SX spinner unit and 325 degree heat-1500 plus psi if I want.

I have used Cimex in a pinch, OP when I thought I could get a good result, but HWE TandG is still king for me.......
Joe,

Those pics looks great!

What are you using to pick up the waste water? How are you cleaning under the tow kick?
I usually use a pile of old OP pads to mop up the mess, but a shop vac and a squeegee attachment with a little de-foamer added would probably be a better choice. Then just use some damp pads to finish.

The Orbot tile brush has outer rows of bristles that spread out to get under cabinets and such. If that doesn't reach I use a brush with a long handle attached.
(03-18-2013, 10:07 PM)Gkleen Wrote: I usually use a pile of old OP pads to mop up the mess

that's what i've done, works great! nice pic's and nice work G.
Gkleen
Great job!
Are you using a non-Butyl? Alkaline?

Also, I did some t&g today, came out better than I expected, but I have to use a splash guard otherwise gunk goes flying on the walls.

Are you running into the same problem?
I've used 2790 and viper venom and they both worked very good for me.
Orbot for me as well. Find the machine very easy to use, durable and able to allow me to handle commercial carpet, residential carpet and tile in one fell swoop
(03-20-2013, 04:36 AM)TheCleaningDude Wrote: Are you using a non-Butyl? Alkaline?

Also, I did some t&g today, came out better than I expected, but I have to use a splash guard otherwise gunk goes flying on the walls.

I quit using butyls long ago. I use an alkaline with peroxicide.

Yes, it gets pretty foamy sometimes and slings on the wall. I need to make a splash guard but just haven't yet.
I made one out of lawn edging and zip ties.

It works, but is a hassle to use. I read that HOS is making one.

(03-20-2013, 05:20 PM)Gkleen Wrote:
(03-20-2013, 04:36 AM)TheCleaningDude Wrote: Are you using a non-Butyl? Alkaline?

I quit using butyls long ago. I use an alkaline with peroxicide.

Yes, it gets pretty foamy sometimes and slings on the wall. I need to make a splash guard but just haven't yet.
I use CTI chems both acid and alkaline cleaners, and for ceramic tile to make the grout really look great, I use the Dupont acid cleaner - it is a master series and expensive. I usually keep a quart on hand. Viper Venom did not work that great for me.